S05 E06: Welcome to Shepherd-Sloan Memorial Hospital

A/N: Italicized is a flashback, the normal one is present time. It's going to go back and forth.

July 21, 2019- Flashback

Michelle just finished with San Diego Comicon for Black Widow and they were on their way back to London when her phone rang. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw that Lexie Grey was the one calling her, but the confusion was replaced with a smile when she heard the voice of one of her best friends. 

"Hello, Lex? Hey, how's everything going there?"

At the sound of Michelle's voice, Scarlett and Florence faced each other to give the girl more privacy. 

"You in the country right?"

Michelle hummed and stood by the window where the airplanes were parked, being prepped for take-off.

"Mhm, why? I'm at the airport right now, we're flying to London for shooting."

"You need to come here, the hospital is in danger. I feel like Avery is pulling the funding and we can't do that, there was just a fire."

"Jackson?"

"No, his Grandfather. We need you here right now. We might lose the hospital."

Michelle looked back at Scarlett and Florence, who was laughing at something in Scar's phone, before taking a deep breath and nodded her head.

"Okay, I'm on my way, buying the next flight to New York."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

November 15, 2026- Present

Michelle sat in the conference room of the hospital. She and the twins stayed longer than expected since Michelle had to further discuss a possible hospital in Los Angeles with Lexie then a bunch of them would be flying to LA for an early Thanksgiving and Birthday celebration and since none of the people that were here in New York were able to come to their wedding, they demanded that they would come.

So here she is, in the conference room, going through legal documents that she would sign and figuring out the staffing. Thanks to Abuelo, they didn't need to look for a property because she still had one untouched land from her inheritance and they were going to use that. It was near downtown LA.

"Nice seeing you back Martins"

Michelle looked up and grinned at the Doctor that came in. 

"Hello, Chief."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everyone looked at Michelle in awe as she sprinted into the hospital. The woman who just led the USWNT into their 4th Women's World Cup win, gaining the fourth star, she was the talk of the whole country, and she was here in New York instead of being in London where they thought she would be.

She opened the door and looked around, going into a jog instead of sprinting when she saw the Neurosurgeon Attendee. Lexie gave her a warm smile and pulled her into a hug, inhaling Michelle's natural scent, giving her comfort.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, I have so much I want to tell you but right now, where is that damn meeting?"

"Up in the conference room. Faster, it didn't look good."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -