S02 E02 - Goodbye Press 22 & 23

Cheers filled the stadium as everyone chanted 'PRESS!!' over and over again. Christen and Michelle stood side by side, holding the twin's hand as they started walking to the middle of the pitch, the captain armband resting on their biceps as they waited in the tunnel for their cue to go out.

The camera dramatically panned behind them, showing off their jerseys while the flair from the lights caused a more dramatic rainbow-ey effect.

They both held hands and started walking to the middle of the field.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Michelle and Christen walked around the empty stadium with big smiles on their faces as they looked around, breathing in the fresh air.

//

"We're back here Bridgeview, Illinois at SeatGeek Stadium for our final game for the National Team."

They looked around at the empty seats behind them and smiled.

"Retirement was a hard decision for the both of us but Chris and I knew that it was time to hang up our cleats and focus on our career beyond soccer."

Christen nodded and leaned her head on Michelle's shoulder.

"Yeah, with the tour coming up next year that we have to prepare for, for the future projects Mitch has lined up, for some CEO things for re inc, and our growing family, we thought it would be best to focus on those things and do all those while we are still physically capable of doing them. And what better way to do that than after securing another win for the USA in the Olympics AND Mitch winning gold for the 800 free."

"Plus, seeing the younger generation on the team, we know that the future of the United States Women's National Team is in good hands."

"Yeah, we're confident in them."

//

They both held hands as they led the camera crew to a part of the bleachers that Michelle remembers so specifically.

//

"This game means a lot to the both of us, because fun fact, this is the stadium and the day that we met each other."

Christen smiled and chuckled.

"Yeah, Tournament of the Nations. It was against Brazil too, no?"

Michelle looked up in thought, missing the look of admiration Christen was giving her. The look she has that only seemed to be reserved for the forward beside her.

"Hmm... shit you right."

"I always am."

Michelle playfully rolled her eyes and smiled at the camera.

"Yup, almost 4 years of that. Oh how fun."

Christen plafully pushed Michelle while she gave the camera a cheeky grin.

//

They walked over to the front bleachers and Michelle chuckled, pointing over to two specific seats.

"That was where Isabella and I sat. I remember sitting here and looking at the USA bench and my eyes immediately caught hers. The first thought immediately was 'wow she is beautiful.'"

Christen felt herself blush but just looked at the field in front of her so Michelle won't notice.

But she did.