S01 E10 - 17th Birthday and the SATs

Isabella started pacing around the living room, biting her nails as she clutched onto her pencil tightly. They were just waiting for Christen and the twins to finish getting ready because Michelle wanted to bring the whole family to Isabella's test center.

//

"There were a few major setbacks during my preparation."

Her mind drifted to what went down with Dinah during the beginning of the year, making her cringe and shake her head.

"But I have been preparing for this moment the whole year last year and I won't let those horrid events stop me from doing my best. I got some tips from Aunt Scarlett and a bunch of our teammates in the national team and they had been helping me during camp and the whole CONCACAF Tournament. I think out of everyone there, Tierna helped me the most. It was kind of fun, it became our bonding time. "

.

Christen and Michelle sat excitedly on their chairs, the twins sitting on their laps.

"This has officially became a family affair."

"She's homeschooled, this is one of the first times that she gets to see a real-life highschool. It's very exciting actually."

.

"How are you feeling about your Mom basically bringing the whole family?"

"I am too nervous to protest and too nervous to drive so can't really do anything about that. Plus she claims that they have to go grocery shopping but I know for a fact that the 4 of them would be waiting in the parking lot for 4 hours."

//

Michelle watched her daughter basically burn a hole on the living room carpet.

"Hey, don't stress yourself out too much. This test doesn't define you, you and I both know that."

"What did you get when you took the SATs?"

"1600."

Isabella sighed and looked at her mother exhaustedly.

"You got a perfect score?"

"Whattt? Noooo, nobody is perfect Isabella remember that."

"Except for youuuuuu."

"What? I'm not perfect."

"Your SAT score says otherwise, Mom."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They finally arrived at the testing center where there were a bunch of students roaming around, probably there to take the SATs too. Michelle turned back to Isabella and gave her a reassuring smile.

"You have everything?"

Isabella went over her checklist before nodding her head.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

She gave her Moms a determined nod before turning to kiss the twins on their cheeks and scooting herself out of the car. She gave them one last wave before going into the building of the high school.

They waited until she was out of earshot before bring out their phones to contact a bunch of people that would help with Isabella's surprise birthday party.

//

"Due to recent events, because of an asshole, my daughter Isabella has been feeling under the weather. She told us that she didn't want to have a party for her birthday but we think otherwise."