S05 E05: How to save a life

Michelle looked up at Lexie and smiled, after 4 hours of surgery, she still had it. All she had to do now was check if the heart was beating.

Christen watched down in anticipation as she looked at the monitor. Aquila and Diana, who had been staring at the screen the whole time, we're on the edge of their seats. Chris was thankful they weren't squeamish and had no problem with watching these kinds of stuff, in fact, they were actually very interested.

The whole gallery was silent, waiting for the heart to beat, waiting to see if the body did not reject the heart. So when it started beating, they all cheered, Christen sporting a proud smile on her face.

Michelle looked up at Lexie, who had a grin on her face, and gave her a nod.

"Okay Doctor Grey, it's time to close up."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Having a doctor as your wife is already overwhelming with all the reminders and stuff, but that mixed with 20 or more plus doctors dotting on you was a whole new level.

Turns out when Michelle told her she owned a hospital, she did not think it was this big and being employed by her wife and being a public figure, everyone was very cautious and Mitch's best friends started looking after.

More than Mitch ever did.

"I know a bunch of people in Switzerland that could come over here and look after your baby."

Meredith and Christen looked at Cristina.

"Thank you for the offer Doctor Yang, but I don't think that is needed."

"Addison is enough I think."

"I could give you an ultrasound, we wanna see how the baby is."

Christen's head turned to Arizona, who was giving her a hopeful smile. She looked over at Jackson Avery and Alex Karev, both of them carrying the twins, before sighing and giving them a nod. She sent a quick text over to her wife, telling her where they were going to be, before following the herd of doctors.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Michelle has already taken her gloves and surgical gown off and she was just washing her hands while her eyes are in the OR that was once again being sterilized.

She did not think she was ever going to get to perform surgery again, let alone in front of her pregnant wife and 2 kids. 

Mitch and Lexie started walking down the hall. After receiving the text that they were going to get her ultrasound, they both decided to take a little breather and not add to the crowd in that room.

"Are you sure you don't want to be there for the ultrasound?"

Michelle chuckled and shook her head, her hands going to the pocket of her lab coat.

"We already got her ultrasound when we found out that she was pregnant. I don't know why they just can't ask for a picture of the ultrasound like normal people?"

"You and I both know that none of us are normal people."

Lexie shook her head while Michelle laughed, agreeing with her.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to visit you when you were shot 2 Christmases ago, I just could see you like that I-"

Michelle shook her head and looked at her best friend, a sympathetic smile on her face.

"I know, I know, I know you enough to know that seeing me in that position would affect you that way. I mean, that was not the first time I got shot, and probably not the last."