S05 E12: One Two Three and Spin

"We'll be okay Chris, you don't have to worry about the twins and me. You only have to worry about yourself. Cody, Tyler, and Channing are staying in the house right?"

"Yeah, Tyler is driving me from the house to the Stadium."

Michelle bent down to get some extra clothes for her and the twins and shoved them in a duffel bag since she knows that the twins would be dancing with her. This is something the three of them did, every time they see one of them dancing, all of them have to join in.

And this is rehearsals. For Broadway. For shows that have intense choreography.

So Michelle predicts that the girls would fall asleep earlier than usual because they would be dancing nonstop.

"You have to go back to sleep babe, it's 2 in the morning there."

"I can't sleep, Little Foot keeps kicking. I think she misses you."

"I miss the both of you too, we're flying over there in 3 weeks for Christmas and then you have us until Little Foot is finally here."

Michelle could hear the sigh coming out of Christen's mouth making her pout, missing her wife extra. Hearing her voice was not enough.

"I know. Don't forget the calendar and the scripts."

"Don't worry honey. we got that all covered. It's just readthrough today and then we start blocking tomorrow."

"You sent their scripts through their emails right?"

Michelle chuckled, amused to see that Christen was the one that seemed to be anxious instead of her, which was something that never really happened since Michelle is the control freak out of the two.

"We sent it to them 2 weeks ago, honey, they would have been familiar with their lines and lyrics at this point. Don't worry about it and get a shut-eye."

Christen sighed and nodded her head, even though Michelle could not see her, she knows that's what she did. They ended the call because Christen needed to sleep, while Michelle grabbed the duffel bag and carried the sleeping 5-year-olds, and buckled them up in the car seat before driving to the hospital since it was way too early for them to go to the rehearsal studio.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I hope you know that being cleared does not mean that you are free to do whatever you want Grace, remember the check-ups. I'll see you next week for a follow-up."

Michelle gave one of her patients a playful look, smiled at all of the people in the room before turning around and walking down the hallway, a few interns and residents following after her like lost puppies. 

She had her clipboard in hand, checking in on the vitals of her patients today when she felt someone nudge her. She looked up and saw Meredith giving her a look.

"Don't you have to be at that rehearsal studio? It's 8:30."

"We're about to go, I'll just have to hang my lab coat in the lounge."

"It's a pain in the ass that you're here, by the way, I thought I was finished with having to look after you and stop you from working."

Michelle gave Meredith a smirk before handing her the clipboard.

"Blame your sister, she's the one who encouraged me to come back to the hospital."

Meredith gave Michelle a look while handing her a chocolate bar, making Michelle smile at her thankfully. She went to the Attending's lounge and hung her coat before going down to the daycare to get the twins.