S01 E08 - And they said White Christmas was "fun"

One thing the Presses have in common was that they all hate the cold weather, that was the reason why they lived in LA in the first place. So Michelle is trying to make sense of the fact that they are all packing for a week at Lake fucking Tahoe for "A wEeK oF fUn AnD fAmIlY bOnDiNg." According to Christen's words.

"I don't know why we can't just spend it in Hawaii or something? Maybe Florida? Feed the kids to the alligators or something fun like that."

Christen rolled her eyes and chuckled at her wife.

"As I said earlier, it's a week of fu-"

"Fun and family bonding, I knooow. But we all hate the snow."

Christen turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Hate is such a strong word don't you think?"

"Fine, strongly dislike the snow."

Christen nodded before going up to the second floor of their closet to get some of her and Michelle's coats. (A/N: Is it still a closet if it has 2 floors? It's like just a room? Clothes room? What the fuck it's late at night my brain suddenly feels like it's about to explode)

"Hmm, better. Might I remind you, that you were a figure skater AND you grew up in Ohio? Don't you have snow there?"

"Yes, yes and yes, and I hated every second of it."

Christen turned around once again but Michelle shook her head.

"I said what I said, I ain't taking that back. HATE. H. A. T. E."

Christen turned back around and continued doing what she was doing.

"Well, we spent that one Christmas in Manchester. It was snowing."

Michelle groaned and leaned her head on the banister of the staircase.

"Buuuut that's different."

Christen's head popped out from the top balcony, looking back down at her wife.

"And how so?"

"We were in lockdown. We were barely allowed out of the apartment and when we ever did go out, it was for filming and training. We didn't voluntarily do it and barely touched the snow. And now THIS, this is voluntarily doing it AND touching the snow, two of which I don't like."

Christen walked down, holding 6 puffy coats of different colors, knowing they would end up just switching jackets once they are there at the ski resort. She went over to where her wife was and kissed her forehead.

"Oh stop being a big baby. You complain more than the twins. Plus this is only going to be for a week. We'll celebrate Christmas with the family and then we're out of there."

Michelle pouted and nodded her head.

"And don't forget your birthday."

Christen chuckled and nodded.

"Fine, we'll celebrate Christmas AND my birthday then we're out of there."

"Okay."

//

"I am not a huge fan of snow. There is a reason why we fly to Spain every Christmas when I was younger, and I loved staying in Florida with the Harrises when I was house hopping during the holidays because of what? Yes. The weather. I am not like, shaking my ass off because of the cold, nuh-uh. The only place I allow myself to shake my ass like that is in the bedroom, wearing my party suit."

Christen playfully bumped shoulders with her wife, who sat beside her.

"I'm sure it's not going to be that bad."