Chapter 4: A Village's Little White Flower (4)

[Warning, warning: This part is NSFW. Not suitable for people below 18!!]

After the sunset, Hu Baoshan was struggling with a small problem.

It stands to reason that he and Bai Chunhua are married, but it is only in name. He and the young girl barely know each other, and he knew that she might not be very comfortable with him. 

However, his house only has one bed which Bai Chunhua has occupied for the past two days.

Bai Chunhua was barely awake these days, and he didn't know if she was going to make it, so he stayed next to her without a second thought.

But it stands to reason that now she is awake, and he doesn't need to watch her life and death anymore, he should keep a distance until she could accept him.

So Hu Baoshan asked her to sleep in the bed, while he set up a makeshift bed closer to the kitchen. 

However, Hua thought, this house is his, the bed is his and this place is very cold at night. How could she let him sleep on the floor?

"I'm fine. In the army, sometimes we sleep in a tent or even outside in the winter. The kitchen is already very good." Hu Baoshan insisted. "You go to sleep."

Without realizing what her invitation might means to a hot-blooded male, Hua insisted that he came to the bed.

Hu Baoshan was startled. "You... would you like to sleep together?"

When he said it, he regretted it immediately.

He knew it's not what she meant. His mind is just dirty. They are not really a couple and she was forced to marry him. From the rumor he heard before, she might even has a sweetheart.

He was too eager and awkward. Now, she must be scared badly.

But before he could find a way to change the conversation, he saw her nod, "Okay."

This time, he was stunned.

'What did she say?'

'She said okay.'

'Did she mean what I think?'

'Or is it because it's really cold and she considers him as a human-shaped stove?'

'Yes. That must be it.'

Bai Chunhua's body is fragile. In fact, it is not too much to be her heater. After all, she is his wife and it is his job to look after her.

But Hu Baoshan was afraid that he can't control himself when she fell asleep. He is a normal hot-blooded man, and he has a lot of good feeling for this attractive woman. When she is next to him, on the bed, it is uncontrollable to have some thoughts.

But regardless of his doubts, he still slept on the bed with her. He planned to give her plenty of space on the bed and even half of his body was almost hanging out the bed. He only dared to cover himself with only a corner of the quilt, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. His wide and rough hands are clenched tightly. He was tense and not daring to move another inch.

In fact, Bai Chunhua's small body does not take up much space.

She even secretly observe Hu Baoshan who was lying uncomfortably beside her.

Of course, this was the first time she sleep in a bed with a human male. But her fox family always huddle together to sleep, especially on cold winter nights. This man is now her husband, so in a way, he is family.

For Hua, it is not a big deal for a family to sleep together. She even checked Bai Chunhua's memory and confirmed that in the human world, it is normal for husband and wife to sleep in the same bed.