Chapter 62: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (22)

"Outpost Delta, is it? I'm going with you."

Finally, after waiting for many days, they managed to get news from Flo. It seems that while following the Zombie King, Flo found some survivors on the way, whom she dropped off at one of their outposts.

Resh was delighted. He hasn't seen Florentina for a very, very long time. Even though he waited and waited, it was as if she was avoiding him.

Now, the opportunity has come, and if she won't come back to him, he will go to her.

Edgar had gathered some of his best team members, and Alicia and her team of guards would also accompany them. As Florentina had found the Zombie King, this trip would not be as simple as picking up a band of survivors. They would need to be ready for a full confrontation as well.

"I have contacted my father," Alicia came in a hurry, with a heavy breath from running all the way. "They would send some squads as well."

The information that Florentina passed on was very useful. She had marked the last location where she sighted the horde and their potential movement.

This information alone would save many lives.

Edgar nodded and motioned for the team to move. Just as they were about to set off, Shani came running towards them, her expression determined. "I'm coming with you," she declared.

Resh turned to her with a furrowed brow. "Shani, it's too dangerous out there. You're not a combatant. You should stay in Serenity Cove, where it's safe."

But Shani shook her head adamantly. "I can't just sit back and do nothing besides look," she said, raising her hand, and water came out from her palm. "Now, I'm a superpower too. I want to help however I can."

Even though water power is also a superpower, not everyone can use it for combat. Resh sighed, knowing he couldn't argue with his stubborn sister. "Fine, but stay close to me and do exactly as I say," he relented, reluctantly allowing her to accompany them.

After handing over the team of survivors to the guards in charge and mentioning a few words about the Zombie King, Hua left. The place is several miles away from where the Zombie King was last located, so it was still safe for the time being. Edgar and his team would come soon, so Hua was at ease about leaving them here.

There are guards stationed there to patrol the perimeter and report any suspicious movements, their eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of danger. Inside the outpost, survivors mingled with the guards, sharing stories of their experiences during the tumultuous times they had endured.

As Resh and Edgar's team arrived at Outpost Delta, the atmosphere was tense yet bustling with activity. Resh scanned the area, searching for any sign of Flo among the survivors. But she was nowhere to be seen.

Approaching one of the guards, Resh inquired about Hua's whereabouts. The guard shook his head, his expression grim. "I don't know where she went. She might be out gathering supplies or went back scouting."

Someone else added, "She shouldn't be far, right? The survivors mentioned that her arm was injured."

"What? Is she injured?" Resh was worried, and his voice was a little bit sharp.

"Yeah, but it seems that she had recovered. Burn mark they said."

Worried and disappointed, Resh decided to wait patiently for Hua's return. Edgar was busy giving orders to settle the survivors, sending a team from Outpost Delta's guards to escort them back to Serenity Cove. They knew that Flo was resourceful and capable, and they trusted that she would come back once she finished whatever she was doing.