Chapter 55: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (15)

The next day, Edgar and his team prepared to leave the Dawn base on a mission to gather supplies. They walked towards the base's gate, their minds focused on the task at hand.

But a familiar voice called out from behind them before they could set out. "Ed, Luke, wait up," Hua called, catching them off guard.

They turned to see her approaching, her eyes strange and different from her usual calm demeanour.

She is wearing black sports gear with protected arms and legs, showing that she also intends to go out.

It was rare to see Flo leave the base these days. She had spent the past few days diligently working in the water station, away from the front lines.

Harper was excited to see her, but he couldn't help but ask the question, "Miss Flo, is Resh okay with you going out?"

They knew that Resh had strong protective instincts and didn't like her to risk her life, especially after what happened last time. 

Flo, who is usually a killing demon, also softens like a cute little wife in front of him. They personally thought it was a waste of talent, but the couple was like this, so who are they to comment?

However, this time, Flo's scoff and indifferent response spoke volumes, confirming the unspoken tension between her and Resh.

'Oh, these two must be fighting.'

Everyone nodded and wisely didn't question further.

Edgar didn't object to Hua's presence on the mission, but there was an awkwardness in his demeanour that Hua couldn't ignore.

It wasn't until Alicia's arrival that Hua understood the reason behind Edgar's discomfort.

Alicia, with her bright smile and confident demeanour, exuded an air of authority as she approached, flanked by her own team of superpowers. She greeted Edgar warmly, but her smile faltered slightly when she saw Hua in the team.

Hua sensed the tension and made a conscious effort to keep her distance from Edgar, not wanting to cause any further trouble with Alicia.

She knew that people already thought she was involved with Resh, stealing Alicia's fiance, and she had no desire to complicate it further by making people think she is also involved with Edgar, which is Alicia's official mate in the plot.

With a silent nod of understanding, Hua fell behind with the rest of the team. She didn't even take Edgar's car. She was busy talking to Harper, pretending to ask him to teach her how to drive.

"Really? Miss Flo, don't you drive?" He was surprised. In this day and age, all adults have learned how to drive, right?

"Don't get me wrong. I have a driver's licence... it's just..." Her memory learned it, but her arms and legs didn't.

"Oh... I know. You can't drive a stick," Harper felt he understood the problem and nodded. "Most girls only learned driving automatics. This is normal." However, this 4WD is a manual car.

Hua felt that he misunderstood, but this was okay, too.

"So look at this thing, you make sure to do this... and then you pulled this."

Hua listened and looked carefully. Harper was even kind enough to stop on a relatively empty highway to let her drive.

Luckily for everyone, Florentina's arms and legs actually remember how to drive. Just after a jerky a couple of minutes, she drove the 4WD smoothly.

Soon, they arrived at a transit centre with a lot of abandoned heavy trucks and containers.

"Listen up. The task at this time is to collect food, clothing and medicine. We don't have a lot of space, so prioritise and don't get greedy. Gather back here at 3 pm sharp!"