Chapter 64: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (End)

The survivors below huddled together, battered and bruised from their battle earlier. 

Edgar was lying on the floor, and blood seeped from his wounds, a grim testament to the ferocity of the attack on that little zombie girl. 

He coughed blood several times. If he were at the peak of his strength, he might still have a chance against this zombie. But he was already exhausted, each breath a laborious struggle against time. 

They had fought valiantly, but the odds were stacked impossibly against them. Their power had been spent, and their strength waned with each passing moment.

In the eerie silence that enveloped them, broken only by the occasional groan of the undead, Edgar and his team exchanged weary glances, a silent understanding passing between them. They knew that this was the end, that they had reached the limits of their endurance.

But they refused to surrender to despair even in the face of certain death. With gritted teeth and steely determination, they vowed to go down fighting, to make their final stand against the tide that threatened to consume them.

As the nearest of the high-level zombies closed in, they took out their cold weapons and raised them in a last defiant gesture. Edgar and his team stood together as one, ready to meet their fate head-on, their courage shining bright in the gathering gloom.

However, at this moment, a torrent of water suddenly enveloped their feet and dragged them out of the city. It was so swift and so violent that when the water left them, they were coughing and choking. A lot of people were not ready and nearly drowned as they accidentally swallowed a lot of water.

When they finally stopped gasping for breath and soaked to the bone, they found themselves safe and sound outside the city.

As they surveyed their surroundings, shocked and disbelieving, the medical team rushed in one by one, tending to the wounded with practised efficiency. Amidst the chaos, voices clamoured for answers, questions swirling like the raging sea.

But amidst the turmoil, one thing remained clear - they were alive.

For Edgar and his team, it was clear who saved them. Even though they were worried for their friend and would do anything to rush back in to help her, they were spent. Once the adrenaline faded, it only left behind a hollow exhaustion. They could barely lift their hands and feet and could only meditate as hard as they could while letting Alicia and the other doctors and nurses heal them and bandage their wounds.

Everyone traded crystal nuclei of various colours to their respective elements and held them in their hands while they meditated.

They just need to recharge a little bit of energy, and they will rush back in.

Resh and some others who were still strong enough to stand had already run back to the city. There were also the guards who had been left behind to guard the medical team before and were missing out on the action.

Their hearts pounding with fear and adrenaline, they were met with a scene of utter chaos. Screams and growls echoed through the streets, mingling with the sound of crumbling walls and shattering glass.

Their breath came in ragged gasps as they pushed forward, driven by the moment. But as they reached the source of the commotion, their eyes widened in disbelief from the scene of devastation. 

But instead of the horde of undead they had feared, they found only piles of lifeless bodies strewn across the ground. The once-raging horde had been reduced to nothing more than a silent sea of death.

Confusion and disbelief washed over them as they surveyed the aftermath. What had happened here? Where had the zombies gone?

Before they could understand what was going on, another chaos sounded on the other side.