Chapter 6: A Village's Little White Flower (6)

It was still early, and the sun had just risen behind the mountains.

Before sunrise, Hu Baoshan had sneaked out quietly and went up the mountain to chop firewood.

The winter in Green Water village is very cold, so he has to rush and gather enough supplies before the heavy snowfall started.

Before leaving, he made a bowl of noodle for Bai Chunhua and left it steaming on the stove.

This is what Hua found when she woke up.

The noodles are uneven, some thick and some thin, but the taste is pretty good.

Especially because Hu Baoshan also put a poached egg on her noodles.

Hua took a bite of the poached egg in the bowl, and her eyes widened. This was the first time she had eaten a poached egg. It turned out that when eggs were cooked, they became so soft and creamy, just like... just like... oh, she couldn't tell.

But it was so delicious.

After breakfast, Hua cleaned up the house lightly and then looked outside the window.

There are snowflakes that lightly fall from the sky.

It's been snowing a lot lately. Every time her instant husband went out, he would come back with a pile of snow on his head.

It seemed really cold out there, but that man always comforted her with a smile and said it wasn't cold, which was really strange for the little fox.

In the past few days, Hu Baoshan left early and returned with various things, which Hua understood as winter supplies.

Hua felt distressed for him. He seemed to work really hard and always busy. However, Hua also knows that winter is a dangerous time. Their fox clan also prepares hard every year.

Hua can't help much with this, after all, she is still learning to be a human being. But at night, when she slept in her husband's arm, while she was recuperating herself she also sent energy to heal Hu Baoshan's inner injuries.

The man didn't seem to notice that his body is getting better and better, and his old injuries were fixed one by one.

Even his limping was barely visible now.

After waiting for a while, the man still hadn't come back, so Hua took time to mend Hu Baoshan's clothes.

Because he often goes to the mountains, his clothes are often torn by trees, branches, or even animal claws.

The original Bai Chunhua didn't have good needlework skills, but like ordinary peasant girls, she knew how to make clothes or shoes. It is just that she rarely does it at home.

After listening to Aunt Ma's instructions, Hua followed her memory and slowly mended her husband's clothes to pass the time.

Every day, Hua waited obediently at home. From time to time, Aunt Ma would come over and teach her various domestic skills.

Luckily, for some reason Aunt Ma seemed to think that Bai Chunhua didn't know anything, so it didn't look weird for Hua to learn everything from scratch.

At this time, Hu Baoshan was rushing down the mountain with a big stack of firewood on his back.

He didn't have time to notice strange things happening to his own body.

In the past couple of days, Hu Baoshan felt happiness after marrying a wife. His young wife is weak and still recovering from sickness, but he enjoys looking after her. When she was tired, she would rub her eyes and pitifully say, "I'm tired", and he would carry her to the bed. When she was hungry, she would look at him eagerly and say, "I'm hungry". All of which are full of reliance on him.