Chapter 12: A Village's Little White Flower (12)

Hua entered the bedroom nervously. Su Linlong had told her about what happened to Hu Baoshan in the plot and convinced her to do whatever it took to keep Hu Baoshan in the village.

She doesn't believe it completely, but Su Linlong is right about one thing. If Hu Baoshan is gone, it would be very difficult for her to live as a human being. However, she could not tell him about herself or Su Linlong. Hua struggled heavily with what to say.

Su Linlong had told her to do this and that, but it was too much information which ended up confusing Hua completely.

At this time, Hu Baoshan was shirtless and had just washed up. He was about to leave for town and meet up with Li Weiguo and the others. However, he could sense Bai Chunhua's unease and glanced at her with a hint of curiosity in his eyes.

Hua bit her lip, trying to find the right words to convince him to stay, but she had just become human for a short while and human ways are difficult for her. Before she opened her mouth to speak, Hu Baoshan gently pulled her to sit on his lap.

Hu Baoshan looked at her softly, a smile playing on his lips. "Baby, is there something on your mind?"

Hua bit her lip, her fingers twisting in the folds of her dress. "Husband, I..." She hesitated, unsure of how to tell him.

Hu Baoshan waited patiently. He knew she had something on her mind and was willing to give her the time and space she needed to express herself. For a moment, they sat in comfortable silence, the only sound the steady rhythm of their breathing.

Finally, summoning all her courage, Hua spoke up, her voice barely above a whisper. "Husband, can you not go?"

Hu Baoshan's expression softened, his gaze filled with affection as he brushed a stray lock of hair from her face. "Can't bear me?" he asked gently, his tone was full of teasing.

Hua bit her lip and nodded. "Mn, I can't bear you leaving me." She cannot think of another way of making him stay.

Hu Baoshan chuckled softly, sending a wave of warmth through Chunhua's body. "My Hua'er, I will miss you too." he teased, his eyes twinkling with delight. "But I promise you, I'll return before you know it."

Hua panicked as he seemed to misunderstand, and her mind raced with fear. "Husband, you don't understand," she exclaimed out, her voice trembling with emotion. "If you leave, you'll... you'll die."

Hu Baoshan froze. "What do you mean?" he asked with concern. "Do you know something?"

Chunhua bit her lip in frustration, her heart pounding as she struggled to find the words to explain.

Sensing her internal struggle, Hu Baoshan continued to hold her close. "Baby, you can tell me anything. What are you afraid of?"

She hesitated, looking down at her hands. "I... I can't tell you. You'll think I'm a monster."

There was a moment of stunned silence as Hu Baoshan processed her words. Then, to Hua's surprise, he softly chuckled, "I know."

Hua turned around in surprise.

"Well, I know what you did to me every night," he remarked, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "My chest, my shoulder, my leg. That was you, wasn't it? I noticed."

Chunhua's eyes widened in disbelief. "You... you noticed?" She was about to faint.

'It's over.'

Baoshan nodded with a playful glint in his eyes. "I may not understand how it works, but I've realised that I always feel better after being with you. But you know what, Chunhua? It doesn't matter to me if you are a fairy, a demon or a fool. You're still my wife, aren't you?"