Chapter 13: A Village's Little White Flower (13)

It took Hu Baoshan's group a day to sort out the money and valuable goods in the bandit village. The amount was absolutely astonishing, making the men grit their teeth.

Even if they worked hard their whole life, it is impossible for them to collect this kind of money. Thinking that all of this money was taken from the common people really made them want to vomit.

Hu Baoshan quickly asked someone to go back to Li Weiguo to report.

The one who is running back to town to report is called Wang Hai. He is only 18 years old and a local. He has been following Li Weiguo for a while and knows a lot of people.

"Brother, if you're going to report to the government, aren't they going to take all of these?"

If the treasure was going to be taken away, it would be okay for them to keep some, right? The Yamen cannot swallow the whole thing.

It is not like Hu Baoshan was not moved by these treasures. But the key point is that there were too many items! They can't move it by themselves!

Hu Baoshan looked around. "If you're sure you can keep it, go ahead and do what you like. But you must remember, we are here on official business."

During the fight, Hu Baoshan was the only one with some sort of leadership skill. Before, he had become a team leader of one hundred men in the army. His fighting skills are also not bad, so this makeshift team listened to him in the battle. But in the matter of dividing loots, it is a completely different matter.

Not everyone in this group of men came from the army. For those who were a soldier, they were trained to not collect things privately, and every item they confiscated needed to be reported. If the Yamen knew they were hiding things privately, there might be consequences.

However, even those who were from the army, not everyone knew Hu Baoshan before, so Hu Baoshan knew that he couldn't control these people.

At this time, Wang Hai, who was sent to report the incident, had also returned to Li Weiguo.

His report shocked Li Weiguo so much that his feet were weak. However, he ran to the prefectural government quickly and reported to Duke Rong's mansion.

When the Duke was newly appointed here, he was also initially excited and thought of ruling this place well.

The Duke is the current emperor's brother, but his mother's family was not prominent. During the battle of the throne, he was quite passive. He was granted a fief and a Duke title when everything was over. He was only in his forties, but he happily moved here for retirement.

But after learning about his fief's situation, he felt helpless.

The amount of soldiers that Duke Rong was allowed to have in his fief was limited and not enough to suppress these bandits. Last year, the bandits even came to rob the food and salary of the army! Now he has no money!

Duke Rong couldn't help but gnash his teeth as he watched the incompetent officers around him. His life was just too unbearable!

He was feeling depressed when his steward suddenly came running from outside and rushed towards him with an excited face. "Your Excellency, Your Excellency, that group of bandits from the Western Mountain have been wiped out!"

"Are you serious?" Duke Rong jumped up, his face full of disbelief.

"It's real! Some retired soldiers and local thugs heard about your reward. They banded together and killed them all," the staff member said. "They said the treasures and victims were too many. They asked for advice on what to do with them."