Chapter 11: A Village's Little White Flower (11)

In the morning, there was a gentle knock sounded on the door. When Hu Baoshan opened the door, in front of him was a young teenager, around 14 or 15 years old, surrounded by a soft morning light. His eyes bore a sense of urgency.

Bai Guangfeng looked at the tall man timidly. "Unc... Brother-in-law, sorry to bother you so early."

"Third brother, what brings you here?"

He lowered his head slightly, and his eyes looked anxiously inside the house.

People said that his shrew sister had become a fool. Bai Guangfeng was also curious to see if that was true.

After growing up, he didn't spend much time with his sister. After all, he is a man and has to work outside most of the time. But he remembers when he was a child, his sister often took him out to play.

He didn't hate his sister. If she really has become a fool, he really doesn't know what to feel.

He remembered his task today and said quickly, "Sister, Brother-in-law, Father asked me to call you back home quickly."

Hu Baoshan looked inside the house and exchanged glances with Bai Chunhua, who was having breakfast. "Is everything alright? What happened?"

Bai Guangfeng hesitated for a moment before replying, "Scholar Du and his mother came to the house. There was an argument, and... Father asked for you and my sister to come over and make it clear."

Hu Baoshan frowned, "What do we need to explain? What did they want?"

Bai Guangfeng lowered his gaze. "I didn't understand much, but can you come quickly?"

Hu Baoshan looked at Bai Chunhua again and nodded. He might be away shortly, it would be good if his wife could ease contact with her maiden home. After all, family is family. "We'll come with you. Let's see what this is all about."

As the Bai family house came into view, Su Linlong, who had been following closely, warned Hua over and over to not say too much. Otherwise, the Bai family might get suspicious and burn them to death. Hua's heart raced nervously. She doesn't have many experience talking to human beings and the Bai family... Bai Chunhua's memories on her family is not very good.

Upon entering the house, the tense atmosphere was palpable. Grandpa and Grandma Bai sat at the main chairs in the main hall with furrowed brows.

Du Heng and his mother stood on the opposite side. Du Heng's expression is full of defiance and frustration. In his mind, he and Bai Chunhua had been engaged since childhood. However, the Bai family had no idea what he was talking about. He came here seeking an explanation but it was like talking to a cow.

Bai Dalang sighed deeply after he saw Hu Baoshan came in with Bai Chunhua. These few days, the more he thinks about it, the more he feels that he made a mistake, marrying his daughter to Hu Baoshan. However, he doesn't have any words to say. He was not an educated man, and the situation had become very strange.

Du Heng's mother, a stern woman with a face etched with disapproval, spoke up. "It's all a misunderstanding. My son is still young, and we thought it was too early to propose an engagement."

Mrs. Du had never liked Bai Chunhua, a sickly woman who could not help her son with anything. Sure, when they were just as big as a turnip, they were all so cute. But after growing up, things are different. Besides, when her son first told her about Bai Chunhua, she had asked around and found how terrible her personality was. 

All these years, she had hoped that her son would grow up and forget about his childhood sweetheart. She never considered Bai Chunhua to be a suitable match for her son at all. She had been pushing and waiting, but didn't expect her son to be so forceful.