Chapter 30: A Wild Flower in the Beast World (10)

The cold wind swept through the dense forest, carrying with it the scent of fear and uncertainty. In the heart of the Howling tribe, the sound of drums echoed through the plain, signalling the approach of danger.

Patriarch Fang jolted awake from his restless slumber. With a swift motion, he sprang from his bed, his senses immediately alert to the danger that lurked beyond the safety of their walls.

"Ling!" he barked, his voice a commanding roar that echoed through the cavernous chamber.

Ling was roused from his own sleep and leapt to his feet. His muscles coiled with tension as he grasped the gravity of the situation. 

"What's the matter?" Asked Hua sleepily.

Ling heard the commotion outside alertly. "I don't know, my love, but stay inside" He darted outside, his heart pounding in his chest as he prepared to face whatever threat loomed on the horizon.

Outside, chaos reigned as the warriors of the Howling Tribe scrambled to arm themselves and rally to their patriarch's call. Fang stood tall amidst the fray as he surveyed the scene before him. In the dim light of the moon, he could see the flickering shadow of their assailants, their menacing silhouettes advancing through the darkness.

Fang's eyes were ablaze with determination. He stood at the forefront of the tribe's defences, his muscles tense and poised for battle. Beside him stood Ling, his expression grim as he surveyed the looming threat that lay beyond the walls of their sanctuary.

As the thunderous roars and footsteps grew closer, a chorus of snarls and growls filled the air, sending shivers down the spines of those who stood guard. And then, emerging from the shadows of the forest, came the Blackwater tribe.

At their head stood Brin, his sleek fur gleaming in the pale moonlight as he gazed upon the Howling tribe with undisguised contempt. With a savage grin, he raised his clawed hand high and let out a triumphant roar that echoed through the night.

"Warriors of the Blackwater tribe!" Brin bellowed, his voice echoing to the approaching horde. Today, we come to claim what is rightfully ours! Today, we bring an end to their reign of tyranny!"

They are here for revenge. The Howling Tribe has been oppressing them all this time. And before the winter, they took all the prey. So it was just right that they came to plunder!

Brin, the formidable leader of the Blackwater Tribe, stands as a towering figure among his kin, his presence commanding respect and fear in equal measure. In his human form, he possesses a lean but muscular build. His facial features are sharp and angular, with piercing yellow eyes that gleam with a feral intensity. 

But he is currently in his beast shape, which is a giant leopard. In this state, he is a force to be reckoned with. His claws are like razor-sharp talons, while his jaws are lined with rows of gleaming teeth that can crush even the toughest of prey.

But beneath his sleek exterior lies a simmering rage, a burning desire to prove himself worthy of his position as leader of the Blackwater Tribe. 

Fang clenched his jaw with fury at Brin's words, his gaze flickering with a mixture of anger and resolve. The Blackwater tribe had long been a thorn in their side. The constant disputes over territory and resources created endless frustration and tension.

Patriarch Fang's brows furrowed with disdain as he spoke of Brin, the leader of the Blackwater Tribe. 

"That is Brin," he said to Ling, his voice heavy with contempt, "he is nothing more than a pretender. He may lead the Blackwater Tribe, but his rule is only because he married off his sister to the Wild Horse chief of the Blackwater Tribe."