Chapter 50: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (10)

Hua and the rest of the team ran on the street with frantic footsteps. The crumbling buildings and debris-strewn alleyways around them felt like a labyrinth, and behind them, a relentless horde of zombies pursued them. 

The air was thick with the stench of decay, mingling with the metallic tang of blood as the zombies' guttural moans and shuffling footsteps grew louder with each passing moment.

The muscular men they just accidentally saved earlier ran behind Hua's team with all their might. With every step, they could feel the weight of exhaustion bearing down on them, their breath coming in ragged gasps as they struggled to keep pace with this group of supernatural people. 

Their hearts pounded in their chests, and adrenaline coursed through their veins as they pushed themselves to the brink of exhaustion. In their hearts, they cursed themselves. Why didn't they speak nicely about the lady earlier? Now that they have offended this group completely, they don't even have the face to ask them to slow down.

Edgar's face was set in a grim mask of determination, his eyes flashing with a fierce resolve as he unleashed torrents of thunderous energy upon the zombies blocking their way. His powers crackled through the air with bursts of blinding light.

The rest of the team also fought valiantly alongside him. Teams 2 and 3 had managed to join them, but sadly, they lost track of team 1. Everyone's abilities were unleashed with devastating force as they unleashed torrents of various elemental powers upon the advancing zombies. But despite their best efforts, the horde seemed endless, their numbers swelling with each passing moment and even started to surround them.

"We need to find cover!" Edgar shouted, his voice barely audible over the screams and roars filling the air. 

"We can't keep this up much longer!"

Kai scanned their surroundings frantically, his eyes searching for any sign of shelter amidst the chaos. Finally, his gaze landed upon a nearby building—a dilapidated warehouse with a towering staircase that goes all the way to the rooftop.

"Over there!" he shouted.

"Flo, open the way!"

"Got it," Hua responded, immediately releasing a torrent of water that flushed an alley clear of zombies.

Edgar took the opportunity to zap the wet zombies with his thunderbolt, frying them to a crisp.

The door to the staircase was locked with a big padlock, but for Lucas's metal power, it was nothing. He opened the door, and the team cleared the room quickly and efficiently.

"Go, go, go, go, go."

Once everyone entered, Lucas sealed the door with a metal sheet he summoned and then Kai filled the space behind it with a thick earth wall.

 Outside, the relentless onslaught of zombies battered against the metal door, each blow shook the air with bone-shaking force.

The sound was deafening. Everyone had almost run out of power. But even as they caught their breath, they knew that their battle was far from over.

"What do we do now?"

"Do you guys even know what you are doing?" Questioned the survivors.

"Shut up!"

"We are trapped here. There is no other way but up." Someone said.

"Then we'll go up." said Edgar decisively, "Let's go!" 

Inside, the staircase was dimly lit. The survivors huddled together, their breaths ragged with fear as the sound of pounding echoed through the cavernous space. They climbed to the roof of the warehouse, each step heavier than the last.