Chapter 38: A Wild Flower in the Beast World (18)

After a lot of people moved away from the Howling tribe, the days in the tribe were not too good.

Mace took some people to cross the forest, going towards the direction of the Blackwater tribe. However, when he got there, the tribe was empty.

Needless to say, they had already moved elsewhere and probably also joined Fang's new tribe.

Mace had to go back dejectedly.

Elise is okay. After all, she has four males to protect her and provide for her. However, the other members of the tribe are different, especially those who have children or have pregnant females in the family. 

They have to cut down the chores to the bare minimum just to keep up with food supplies and clothing. No one was fixing the huts anymore, so Elise just asked everyone to move to the remaining caves. But with uneven supplies, coupled with tiredness, people started to fall sick.

Originally, Kyro didn't care much about the Howling tribe. He was only here for Elise. 

Seeing so much trouble in this tribe, he said softly to Elise when there were only two at night, "Why don't we go somewhere else, Elise? Just us. Let's not care about these people, I can protect you."

His overbearing attitude made Elise shy, but after thinking about it, she shook her head and said, "No, I can't leave them. Yan wouldn't agree."

Kyro could only sigh and help the tribe members reluctantly.

Because many members of the tribe were sick, their hunting progress slowed down, and the contradictions also increased.

In the morning, more members of the tribe are missing.

There is also a familiar person who came to the tribe. The fishman, Koda, who came here from time to time to trade.

Looking at the pitiful amount of people in the tribe, Koda was shocked. "What happened here? Where is the Patriarch?"

Everyone was silent, but after a while, someone called Yan over.

Yan didn't want to face Koda now. Growing up, Yan always felt he was better than Koda in any way, but now...

However, Koda is now a guest, and he has to entertain him.

"You are the patriarch now? How about Fang and the rest?" Koda asked.

Yan briefly told Koda what happened during this period.

Koda nodded and asked where the rest of the people had moved, so Yan told him the location of the new Great Wolf tribe.

"I see. Then, do you have any medicine and animal skin that you could trade? As usual, I brought you specialties from the water tribe..." 

However, at this time, the Howling tribe doesn't even have enough for themselves. How could they trade with Koda?

Koda nodded with understanding. After saying a few words to be polite, he took off to try his luck on Patriarch Fang's side.

He didn't know his way on land, so he could not go there by the forest. However, he knows every waterway around here, and he knows Cerulean Lake.

As Koda landed on the shore of Cerulean Lake, many warriors pointed their strange weapons at him, clearly considering him a threat.

Koda raised his arm in a surrendering position and said, "I'm here to see Hua, Patriarch Fang's daughter. I'm a friend." His voice was a little shaky, and his eyes were a little hot when he looked around. 

'Yan said Fang has a new tribe. What tribe? This is a city, right?'

Koda was shocked senseless upon entering this unusual city he had never seen before.