Chapter 44: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (4)

"Open the door."

Ash and Kai hesitated before opening the door. "There goes our salary."

"Let's face it. Our salary has been gone for a while now."

When they opened the door, inside was a man sitting tied to a chair inside the dimly lit bathroom. His thin but muscular frame was slumped forward, his head bowed, strands of dark hair falling limply across his forehead.

Hearing the noise, he raised his head. 

His eyes held a distant, haunted look as if gazing into a world that only he could see. The left one had already turned grey. Black veins crept up on the left side of his face, making his pale face even scarier.

"Get out." He said with a hoarse voice, seemingly still able to maintain some sanity.

Resh Patterson was a figure that was once favoured by the world. A young prodigy in the tech industry. Even the original Florentina had seen him on the cover of a business magazine once.

"Clang." The sound of the baseball bat hitting the floor echoed loudly.

'No.'

Hua approached the figure on the chair slowly while saying, "Close the door."

The sound of footsteps echoed inside the bathroom, sending chills through Resh's veins. 

'Is this it?'

Even as he knows he may be on the brink of becoming something other than human, Resh refuses to succumb to despair. But with each passing moment, the inevitability of his fate loomed larger, threatening to engulf him in a darkness with no escape.

There was still so much he wanted to do—things that were not finished, places to see, people to meet... That's right. Who was it that he wanted to meet so badly? 

There seems to be a figure in front of him... Someone he wanted to see so much...

But suddenly, there was a warm hand touching his face.

"No," He avoided that hand desperately, even though the hand felt and smelled so good. "Stay away from me."

Ropes bound his wrists and ankles tightly to the chair, cutting into his flesh every time he struggles. 

Hua looked behind her and yelled at the men, "Close the door!"

"Slam." The door closed hurriedly.

Ash scratched his head. "What to do now? Should we tell the boss?"

"You go tell the boss. Hey, bellboy. Get us some water, will you?"

"Don't call me bellboy! They are downstairs. Why don't you come with me to get it?"

"Why? Are you afraid of zombies?"

"The zombies have been cleared up by Miss Flo...."

The noise outside the bathroom is getting further and further.

"System, is there any medicine to cure the zombie virus?"

[Negative.]

[Items that directly impact the mission world are not allowed in the system mall.]

"Anything? Don't you have anything that could help him at all?"

[Calculating...]

[Sorry, Host.]

[You may try using the water from your spiritual spring. Some publications suggest that Spiritual Spring may cure zombification in some worlds.]

"Spiritual spring?"