Chapter 47: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (7)

In the morning, Edgar sought out Hua, his mind buzzing with excitement as he showed her his newfound abilities. 

Last night, as they settled into their rooms, Edgar and his team tried meditating just like Hua said in the car. With Hua's guidance fresh in their minds, they decided to give it a try, agreeing to meditate for an hour before sleeping each night in the hopes of tapping into their latent abilities.

But then, just before an hour, Edgar felt it—a surge of energy coursing through his veins, electrifying every fibre of his being. When he opened his eyes, his hands tingled with power as bolts of lightning danced across his skin.

He showed Hua the bright ball of lightning in his hand. "So, what do you think?" he asked eagerly, his eyes shining with anticipation.

Hua studied him for a moment as she processed the news. "It's incredible," she murmured, her voice filled with a hint of envy. "To think that you could control your power with just a single attempt."

Most people, such as Resh, needed a lot of guidance just to produce a small flame. But Edgar could easily control such an overpowered ability without guidance. 

Could this be the legendary protagonist Halo? It is no wonder that her main mission is to save him. With him around, saving the world is just a matter of time.

As Edgar basked in the glow of his newfound abilities, Hua couldn't help but wonder what they should do next. Theoretically, this man in front of her should be the leader of mankind in this new era, so she decided to follow him and help out.

The main mission has been ticked. Then, she should try finishing the optional mission.

Resh came back after sorting out something else. He used to have a company, and therefore, he is the person in the base with the highest level of management experience. So, while Edgar is leading teams outside to kill zombies, rescue survivors, and collect supplies, Resh is the one managing everything else.

He just returned from talking to Chef Pierre, who was previously head chef in this hotel and now has full control of everyone's daily meals. His gaze immediately fixed on Hua and Edgar, talking in hushed tones by the lobby. A strange feeling of threat gnawed at his insides as he watched their closeness.

Quickening his pace, Resh approached them with determination, his steps echoing across the marble floors. "What are you two talking about?" he asked with a smile.

Hua looked up, her eyes brightening with a warm smile as she greeted him. "Oh, Edgar just told me that he got thunder power," she replied casually, her tone laced with excitement.

"Really?" Resh's heart sank at the news, a sense of disappointment washing over him. He had thought he was special, but now it seemed that he was no longer the only man that has powers.

But he quickly composed himself. Edgar is a reliable bodyguard, and it is very good that he has this kind of ability. It would be safer for everyone.

He forced a smile onto his lips as he extended his congratulations to Edgar. "That's incredible," he said, his voice was sincere despite his complicated feelings. "If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to come to me."

Edgar looked at him with a curious expression, his gaze alternating between Resh's face, who was looking at him with caution, and Hua's, whose gaze hadn't left Resh ever since he appeared. 

"Of course," he replied with a meaningful smile but rolled his eyes as he was walking away. As a man, he could smell jealousy when he saw one, and as a good brother, this was the time he exited the scene.

"Alright, gather around, people." His team immediately gathered around him as he talked about the task at hand, setting out to pick up the family members of the hotel's survivors scattered across the city.