Chapter 7: A Village's Little White Flower (7)

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the fields. Hu Baoshan returned to the Green Water village with messy hair and bloodshot eyes. After running around for the whole night, he looked extremely tired.

However, after seeing Bai Chunhua, who laid her head on the table, waiting for him to return, the exhaustion in his body was wiped out and replaced with guilt.

At this moment, Hu Baoshan was standing in front of the door with a basket of various supplies on his back, and he was too nervous to look at her again.

Last night, he left her alone even though he promised himself that he would look after her.

Even though that was because he didn't know what to do with his own feelings, he felt ashamed of himself.

When Hu Baoshan was still nervous and didn't know how to speak, Bai Chunhua suddenly jumped forward and hugged him tightly!

"You are back!" With a violent impact, Hu Baoshan was instantly enveloped in her two slender arms, and his entire back became tense.

Hu Baoshan was nervous and wanted to push Bai Chunhua away, "You..."

Hua ignored him and hugged him tightly.

Hu Baoshan felt Bai Chunhua's soft body against him. He was embarrassed and didn't know where to put his hands. He could only let her hug him tightly, and his tight back gradually relaxed.

"I'm late." His big hand patted her hair gently. "I'm sorry. I won't leave you alone again. Are you hungry?"

"Mn!" Hua nodded. Her innocent eyes are full of smiles.

When he put the supplies away and prepared to make dinner, Hu Baoshan was surprised to see a pot of porridge on the stove.

"Did Aunt Ma come over?"

"Mn, she taught me to make porridge."

"Did you make this?"

"Mn!"

Hu Baoshan stirred the pot for a while. The porridge does not look bad, even better than his. He felt complicated for a while.

'Great, now she doesn't even need me to make food.'

Swallowing his own bitterness, he reheated the porridge and mixed two eggs in the porridge because he felt guilty.

After eating, he cleaned the kitchen and boiled water to wash up. But he didn't dare to enter the bedroom, for fear of facing that pair of eyes again.

Hua came out after a while. Her face is questioning why he didn't go to bed with her.

Hu Baoshan coaxed her gently and stayed with her until she fell asleep. But after she was sleeping, he came to the kitchen and opened the jar of wine that he just bought.

'This is what it should be.' He thought.

Someone like him didn't deserve a real family.

He could have just returned to his life before Bai Chunhua's sudden appearance, when it hurt so much to fall asleep.

No, not really returned to before. Now, he still has to take care of Bai Chunhua during the day.

It's just that he can't face her during the night.

She is too much of a temptation for him, but she is just a child.

He drank and drank until his head felt heavy. Then he laid his head on the table.

"This is what it should be." He murmured to himself before he fell asleep.

After who knows how long, Hua stood in the kitchen, watching Hu Baoshan sleep on the table with a funny smell.