Chapter 46: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (6)

The early morning light filtered through the curtains of room 607 as Resh stumbled through the door. He tried to be very quiet and tip-toed in the living room to not wake up anyone, but unfortunately, at this time, Ash stepped out of the bathroom.

"You're back," Ash said while smiling meaningfully.

Kai came out yawning from one of the bedrooms, too, but when he saw Resh at the front door, he said with a sly grin, "Morning. It looks like someone had a late night." 

Resh felt a flush of embarrassment creeping up his neck as he tried to brush off their teasing. "It's not what you think," he mumbled, avoiding their eyes.

He did "sleep" with Flo, but it was pure sleeping. They were not like that.

But his protests fell on deaf ears as his bodyguards continued to exchange knowing glances and playful jabs. 

"Sure~" This word was said with an elongated tail.

They had already formed their own conclusions. They had guarded celebrities before and had seen everything that should or should not happened. It wasn't weird for two people who had just known each other to have a romantic turn suddenly.

"I told you, nothing happened," Resh insisted, his cheeks burning with embarrassment.

Without them noticing, the formalities of their professional relationship fell away as they laughed and joked together. At least, they no longer called him "Sir."

Their lighthearted banter was interrupted by Edgar's arrival, who had a serious expression. "Gentlemen, get ready," he said briskly, his voice commanding attention. "We have work to do."

Harper followed closely behind him, a ring of manual keys jangling in his hand. "Got these from downstairs," he explained while holding up the keys. "The electronic locks are down, so we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way."

In addition to the keys, he also retrieved a bolt cutter from the maintenance room, preparing themselves for the task ahead. The plan was simple: clear the rooms from top to bottom, ensuring that every corner of the hotel was safe and secure.

"There are a couple of guests still in 602," said Resh. 

"Don't worry, they've already evacuated downstairs for safety. Sir, do you want to join us, or would you like to rest?" Even though it was not professional to let their employer work with them, they could really use all the help they could get.

"I'm coming with you," said Resh readily.

"Oohh, you still have energy after all the workouts last night?"

"Shut up."

With their mission clear, they set to work, methodically clearing each room one by one. At first, Resh was slow in using his power, afraid to burn the whole hotel down. But after a while, he could control his power effectively, making the zombie clean-up so much easier.

Edgar and his team looked at him with envy.

It was a tedious task, but as they cleared the room one by one, they noticed that the zombies were actually quite slow, it was not as dangerous as they initially thought. Just after half a day, they ensured that there were no more zombies inside the hotel.

Everyone knew that these bodyguards' efforts were crucial to the safety of everyone in the hotel, so once they were done, everyone cheered with relief.

The chef happily asked Resh and the bodyguard team if there was anything they wanted to have for lunch, intending to feed them proper meals. However, knowing the limited supplies, they didn't force it. They just ate something casually before continuing with the clean-up in the afternoon.