Chapter 27: A Wild Flower in the Beast World (7)

On the southern side of the Howling tribe, a small group of people gathered to construct a shelter. As multiple guests arrived in the tribe, including Ling's group, they would need temporary shelter.

Ling's group were excited to join a tribe. When Ling returned and told them that he found a mate, they thought that they had lost a brother. But luckily, Ling said the patriarch agreed for all of them to stay this winter, which is great!

Among the group, Yip and Alo are brothers who belong to the monkey clan. They are short and slender. Their bodies are covered in a soft, fur-like coat, which ranges in colour. Yip is an earthy brown, while Alo is a vibrant red. In humanoid form, their hair matches their fur in animal form. Their behinds are adorned with prehensile tails that serve not only as an extension of their bodies but also as an expressive tool, conveying emotions through subtle gestures.

Zhu is a male boar. Their kind is known for their strength and communal spirit. He is sturdy and muscular. His face is adorned with formidable tusks curving upward from his lower jaw, giving him an imposing look. However, his eyes were kind, and he was very polite to everyone.

The last one, Kael, is a blue leopard. His fur is adorned with distinctive spots. His almond-shaped eyes gleam with silent intelligence, framed by markings resembling the natural eyeliner that enhances his enigmatic gaze. In human form, he is also has a blue hair.

Ling and his group had never built a grass hut before. However, following the guidance of a kind elder nearby, they quickly harvested long, sturdy grass stalks. They then cut a cluster of young trees nearby to provide the framework for the hut. 

The group communicated with subtle gestures, a silent language refined through years of surviving together in the wilderness. One wove the grass into intricate mats, while others skillfully intertwined bundles of grass into the frame, creating a resilient shell. 

From a distance, Patriarch Fang glanced at how these newcomers worked together and nodded with approval. Their wolf clan used to be one of the great clans because wolves worked as a pack. Over the years, Fang worked hard to teach their way to the Howling tribe. Looking at their tacit understanding, these youngsters would integrate with the tribe just fine.

Ling and his group worked quickly like a unit. As the walls reached their full height, the group sighed with relief. 

With the final touches completed, the group stepped back to admire their creation. It was just a common shelter built with grass and branches, but they had a safe space this winter!

The group are very excited. They also saw many things in this tribe that they had never seen outside, and they were keen to learn! Their group approached the young males guarding the tribe, hoping to make new friends. However, they quickly found that the young males in this tribe didn't seem to like them.

They wanted to join the hunting team, even showing their strong bodies and exquisite skill, but the hunters sneered and ignored them.

Even the gathering team looked at them with curious, sidelong glances and turned another way.

Alo and the others scratched their heads awkwardly and felt the sting of rejection. Even the most sincere attempts to engage were met with indifference or disdain. Only the elders seemed nice and friendly, but the whole tribe were busy gathering winter supplies, and the group felt awkward not being useful. Yet, their attempts to assist were met with indifference.

It was strange that only the youngsters didn't like them, but it was not unexpected. After all, many tribes have rejected them before.

The sun was low on the horizon anyway, so they decided to rest for the night first.