Chapter 60: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (20)

"She is currently tracking the Zombie King."

Resh stood up in shock. "Which team?"

Lucas didn't say anything, only looking at him with complicated eyes.

"Alone?" For some reason, Resh knew this would be the case. "How could you let her... How could she go alone?"

How many teams were wiped out before? The so-called zombie king is a zombie magnet. A huge tide of zombies always followed him around. No one that had seen him had lived to tell the tale.

"Otherwise? Can you stop her, brother?" Lucas took another deep breath of his cigarette.

Previously, maybe. Before, if he said something, Flo would at least listen to him. But now...

Resh wasn't sure anymore.

At the same time, Hua moved stealthily through the dense undergrowth, her senses heightened as she tracked the movement of a large group of zombies. She moved with practised ease, her footsteps light and silent as she weaved between the trees, careful not to alert her target.

Her keen eyes scanned the floor for any signs of disturbance, searching for the telltale marks left behind by the passing horde. She noted the broken branches, trampled foliage, and the occasional splatter of dark, viscous blood—a grim trail that led her ever closer to her target.

As she followed the signs, Hua remained alert, her ears attuned to the faintest rustle of movement and her nose filled with the unmistakable scent of decay that hung heavy in the air. 

When it was getting dark, she climbed on top of a tree to rest, planning to take out her radio and report her findings later. 

She didn't light a fire because it would attract attention, and now, from previous experience, Hua had learned that a lone female in this kind of world shouldn't attract attention.

After so many unnecessary fights with disgusting men, she learned only to light a fire at mealtime to make something to eat quickly, then extinguish it immediately. 

Night or day is no different for her eyes anyway, so now she was used to moving in the darkness.

Perching on trees was also something she learned recently. It was safer to cultivate up here rather than on the ground. At least she hasn't met any zombies that could climb trees. 

At least until now.

Hua was sitting cross-legged, cultivating on a tree, when she suddenly felt something strange. When she opened her eyes, she saw a young teenage boy with white hair and red eyes squatting in front of her. 

Hua remained calm, her gaze steady as she observed the mysterious figure before her. The once innocent young boy, who is now known as the fearsome Zombie King, looked more like an ordinary teenager, albeit with an otherworldly aura.

"You have been following me," the boy remarked, his voice soft yet tinged with an underlying threat.

Hua tilted her head slowly, acknowledging his observation. "You found me," she replied.

The boy's red eyes flickered with a mixture of curiosity and caution as he studied Hua. "Are you here to kill me?" he asked, his voice betraying a hint of vulnerability.

Hua remained silent, her thoughts swirling with conflicting emotions. She had tracked the Zombie King with this intention, not knowing that he would be such a young boy. But now, faced with his direct questioning, she found herself conflicted.

The boy could sneak on her without her noticing and had proven that he was very strong, very high-level. However, it looked like he wasn't sure about her power level either, so he didn't dare attack her either. At the moment, they were at an impasse.