Chapter 54: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (14)

After sending Hua to the water department, Resh went back to the laboratory.

Before the apocalypse, his company accidentally developed a strange material that could enhance human capabilities, giving them superpower, so to speak. However, this kind of research was beyond what a private company could safely do.

So, he brought the samples to the technological conference at Serenity Cove to meet up with interested parties and government bodies to negotiate terms.

Who would know? He was robbed in the hotel.

Before he could call his partners and the authorities, the apocalypse happened. So he has to abandon everything else and just try his best to survive.

It wasn't fruitless. After knowing Flo, he learned a completely new concept about human abilities and supernatural powers.

So once he found that one of his potential partners continued the research in this base in the hope of revitalising humanity, he was thrilled! He was back in his element.

Now, he incorporates the new knowledge he learned from his time in Serenity Cove with his research. Their experimentation progressed by leaps and bounds.

"How was it?" After putting on his lab coat, Resh leaned closer in front of a tank of a beige-colored mouse.

"It's a breakthrough! The level of amino acids increased rapidly. We could see Subject 109's strength and speed had increased by 92.38% and the energy intake..."

"Yes, yes, but...?"

"Sir, take a look at this," the researcher said excitedly.

They went to another tank with a small phyton inside. The researcher used a long stick to lower a frozen mouse inside, then quickly closed the tank.

The phyton moved slowly, approaching the mouse, and its scarlet tongue extended couple of time. Then, as if it disliked the mouse being frozen, it opened its mouth and released a small fireball that roasted the frozen food into charcoal.

"Subject 23 is a success. We expect the ability is currently level 2."

"Very good, very good."

In the water department, everyone heard a loud boom and water splashing out at the top of the water tank.

Hua raised her wet arm and asked, "That's it. Do you need anything else?"

She didn't break a sweat and didn't look tired at all.

The person looked into the water tank and confirmed that it was full. He asked a person next to him, "Was this almost full before?"

"Sir, this is only 8 am. It was basically empty."

The person in charge broke into cold sweat. This is a 100-gallon water tank!

She filled it to the brim with one burst!

No wonder she said the mouths of the soft drink bottles are too small!

He tentatively asked politely, complete with a smile, "Miss, miss, uh, what is your name?"

"Flo. Florentina."

"Miss Flo, do you... um, what level is your water power?"

Hua shrugged. She doesn't know about how the people here classify powers.

Even though the lady didn't answer, the person in charge didn't dare to be rude, and he asked further, "Yes, you are new here. So... how much water you can produce each day?"

Hua didn't know, but it was a lot. After thinking for a while, she answered, "Where I lived before, there were four water storage tanks on the roof of the hotel, which I filled every day."