Chapter 69: The Sick and Weak School Flower (4)

When every student in Eikou Academy enjoyed their summer vacation and embraced their freedom, the holiday only brought Hua a sense of unease. For the first time in her life, she needed to take an exam, as Hanae had missed the final exam while she was hospitalized.

Hua had learned everything that Hanae had learned in her life. However, taking an exam is another matter. 

And so, as her classmates dispersed to enjoy the lazy days of summer, Hanae found herself immersed in a whirlwind of studying and preparation, her days filled with endless hours spent reading textbooks and reviewing questions.

Her family was worried that she pushed herself too hard, so her parents went to the board to request some understanding. Due to her unique circumstances, Hanae's teachers agreed to let her take makeup exams at home after her parents made a compassionate (generous) plea (donation) so that the academy could accommodate her needs.

However, there is no need to worry. The dedicated stalker, Doctor Iwamoto, was still watching Hua from afar, making sure nothing harmful would come her way. He tailor-made an extensive menu, ensuring Hanae's diet was delicious and healthy so she would be strong and healthy for her exam. 

When conversing with Mrs Minazuki, he also suggested good exercise books for various subjects. Although he hasn't caught his wife, buttering future inlaws cannot be stopped.

Even though he would really like to watch her closer and serve her hands and feet, Hanae is still underage. So he told himself to calm down and keep a safe distance, not to scare her away.

Finally, the days of makeup exams arrived, and Hua completed them with hard work. Now, she can have her holiday. Once she texted her good friends, Kaori, Aiko and Nirina, about it, they came over on the same day to enjoy their remaining summer holiday. 

"Hanae-san, it is hard work."

"Kaori-chan, it was really hard." Hanae hugged Kaori's arm as soon as she saw her, making Kaori blush. 

"Kaori, Kaori-chan?" Kaori's face flushed in embarrassment. Even though they all grew up together and considered themselves Hanae's best friends, it was mostly them who stuck to Hanae like candy. 

Hanae has always been proper and polite, making them feel a sense of distance.

For example, she always called them Kaori-san, Aiko-san, and Nirina-san.

This is already the treatment of close friends. The other classmates have to be satisfied to be referred to by their surnames.

"Ah!" Hanae immediately let go of Kaori's arm. Her face was flushed with embarrassment, like a cat that was caught doing something bad. "I'm sorry, Kaori-san, I misspoke."

"No, no, if you don't mind, Hanae-san, you can call me Kaori-chan."

"Truly? Then you can also call me Hanae," as she said this, she lowered her head shyly, "If it's not too much, of course."

'Ah, so cute...'

'Since when is she so cute?'

"Of course not!"

"Then me? Can I call you Hanae-chan?"

"Of course! Can I call you Aiko-chan too?"

"Me too, me too. Call me Nirina-chan, too?"

With laughter and excitement, they decided on each other's nicknames, and the girls finally felt that they were good friends to Hanae. They eagerly wanted to take her out shopping, wanting to spend the remaining days of the holiday together.

Usually, only the three of them would go shopping. Hanae was rarely allowed to go out, and she didn't look like she would enjoy it anyway.

However, it was not an issue for Hua. With just a frown and a blink of her pitiful eyes, she successfully obtained permission from her mother and was even equipped with a driver and a bodyguard.