Chapter 22: A Wild Flower in the Beast World (2)

Hua raised an eyebrow in surprise, and her gaze met his eyes. "That's not really necessary."

"I don't mean to scare you." Ling lowered his head in embarrassment. He said something uncharacteristically strange. This female must think that he is some sort of pervert.

At that moment, Hua also felt strange. The man's face was unfamiliar to her, but there was also a familiar feeling in how those amber eyes looked at her.

"But if you really don't mind, I could use some help to go home." Hua decided that there was nothing wrong with making some new friends. After all, the original owner is now an outcast in the tribe. It might be good to have contact with another tribe.

"Really?" Ling stood up excitedly. However, Ling immediately realised he was too happy, which would look weird. He coughed, sat back down, and said again calmly, "I mean, you are very strong! But I'm not bad myself. With me around, you can go home safer..."

His face changed really quickly, which Hua thought was funny. "Sure. Then, I thank you in advance."

In this dense primordial forest, time seemed to linger in the shadows of colossal ferns and towering moss-covered trees. The air was thick with the intoxicating scent of ancient foliage, and a symphony of exotic calls echoed through the dense canopy. 

The shadow enveloped Hua and Ling in an ancient embrace as they walked towards the Howling tribe. Shafts of sunlight filtered through the dense foliage, casting a dappled pattern on the forest floor.

The ground is covered with a thick layer of fallen leaves. The top is dried leaves, but the bottom part is soft.

Ling's black hair and tail blended with the shadows as he walked with a subtle grace alongside Hua.

At this moment, Hua walked step by step on the leaves, feeling the crunching dried leaves under her feet.

Her light chestnut-coloured tail behind her would sway from side to side. She felt the wind brushing the top of her ears and inhaled the smell of the forest.

She hasn't had this feeling for a very long time.

As Bai Chunhua, she could barely go to the forest. Even then, the forest she could go to is not a deep jungle like this.

Hua was following Ling to seek the traces of his teammates. Before sending Hua home, he had to leave them a message.

Both Ling's and Hua's noses are very good, but Ling is more familiar with his teammate's smell.

Occasionally, he kneeled down to check a footprint or a scratch on the trees.

Hua looked at the man's back in front of her, and her brows frowned. It was as if she had recognised something familiar, but Hua looked at him with doubt and couldn't think of anything.

After they walked for a while, they heard some rustling from the trees.

Ling pursed his mouth and made a whistling sound, like a bird sound.

Another bird-like noise is coming from the other side, and a skinny male comes down from a tree.

"Brother Ling, oh, you scared me to death." The skinny man is very nimble. Both his arms and feet were used to climb down the tree. From his ears and tail, Hua knew that this man must be a monkey clan.

"Alo, where are the others?"

"Kael and Zhu found something good on the other side. When Yip and I returned to find you, we found you entered a dread beast territory. Ooo, brother, I thought you were done this time. Hey, who is this?"