Chapter 41: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (1)

[Trigger Warning: Description of violence and sexual assault.]

[Congratulations on completing the newbie assignment. Assessment level: Three stars.]

[Initiating a new assignment...]

[Loading the mission description... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...]

[Please stand by...]

The next world is an apocalyptic world. The virus broke out three days ago and quickly turned most people in the world into zombies.

The original male protagonist of this world is a man named Edgar Black. After he retired from the army, he opened a security company and guarded various high-net-worth individuals.

When the apocalypse broke out, the person he was guarding was attending an important international conference in a five-star hotel.

Not only was he lucky enough to obtain a powerful ability, but he quickly became the leader of a small but powerful team with his group of powerful bodyguards.

Later on, he leads various people, with or without abilities, to flee to a safe place and build a base. He defeated the Zombie King, saved the world, fell in love with a beautiful girl, and happily ever after.

However, his story was ruined because of one person.

A background character named Tobias (Toby) Andrews died of cardiac failure after intense arguing with netizens online just before the end of the world.

When he died, his soul saw that this whole world was a book, and he was just a background character whose name was not even mentioned in the plot. Due to the shock, he returned back to life.

Needless to say, Toby was not satisfied with his life trajectory. He thought he should be the male protagonist because he had a second chance to come back to life.

Toby Andrews was a 20-year-old second-generation rich man. He easily entered the five-star hotel where the male protagonist was located and bribed a staff member to steal a small suitcase filled with three small black crystals, which was the key to awakening the male protagonist's powerful mental ability.

He was afraid that Edgar Black, the original male protagonist, would hinder his plan. So, when the end of the world came, he used his stolen mental ability to disable the bodyguards surrounding the CEO boss, got his own thugs to beat up Edgar, and left him for dead.

This stolen skill enables him to control people's minds. He gathered some loyal subordinates, accepted a lot of women to his harem, put himself in a high position in a strong base, and became a winner in life.

Unfortunately, without the original male protagonist who saved the world, Toby was eating and drinking comfortably in his base with his harem, and no one stopped the Zombie King. In ten years, the zombies will run over the world, and all humans will be extinct.

"Okay, I got it. He is the mission target. My identity?"

The original owner of this body is an exchange student named Florentina Reyes, who was a popular girl at Toby's University. She has short brown hair and light amber eyes, with a pure and beautiful face and smiles as bright as stars. 

She is majoring in environmental engineering, which is part of the Department of Engineering, which doesn't have many females in the whole building. And because of her cheerful and kind personality, she was the Goddess for many nerds at university, including Toby Andrews.

Toby was what people on the internet considered an incel. He had spent a lot of time stalking Florentina at the university, and in his head, they were very close.