Chapter 18: A Village's Little White Flower (18)

Hua felt her ears buzzing, and she couldn't hear clearly what the ladies in front of her were saying. She smiled and stared at whoever spoke to her, then answered their question relying on context.

She felt that she couldn't understand these people at all!

For the past few days, Su Linlong have thought up various pastries and dessert and sent them out in her name to the various Madams in the Duke Rong's mansion.

The sweets were proven to be a big hit. The Madams even came to ask her for the recipes and offered to join hands to open a shop. Of course, Su Linlong told Hua to agree. She also coached Hua on how to act and what to say. Even now, her voice sounded in Hua's ears to help her talk.

After about a month, Hua finally regained some freedom, and it was time for her daughter's full moon celebration.

She was just a guest in the mansion, so naturally, there was no banquet. However, the ladies came to her anyway for a small celebration. Aunt Ma and Meng Yun, who originally only planned a small dinner, were so shocked that they didn't know where to put their hands and feet.

The ladies also had some ulterior motives. This little girl is the only child of Lieutenant Hu, who has been favoured by the Duke. Lieutenant Hu had won every battle and was about to be promoted again. Isn't he a very lucky person?

In this era, most people are superstitious. This little girl is the child of a lucky person, so maybe she is lucky too. If they keep the relationship warm, one day when she came of age, she could be a bride for their son/grandson/nephew.

Princess Rong told Hua, "This is your first child, so it's better to be cautious. You are also not in good health. Tomorrow, make sure to take a lot of rest."

Hua responded with a smile.

At this moment, the little dumpling had just woken up and was not too sleepy yet, so she was looking everywhere and smiled.

Duchess Rong, on the side, looked at her and laughed. "This kid is smart and well-behaved."

Her grandson, the little boy leaning in her arm, also mimicked her words, "Smart!"

The ladies laughed amusedly.

Hua looked at the small dumpling in her arms strangely. She is so small and soft, but her crying is loud.

Hua didn't feel the brilliance of maternal love that burst out instantly. But everytime she looked at her daughter, the cuter she is.

"Say, Chunhua, have you got a name for the little girl?"

"My lady, Baoshan and I don't know any words. If Madam could name my little girl, we would be grateful."

The Duchess thought for a while. "You have a 'flower' in your name, so your daughter should have one too. Such a clever child... What about Minglan (bright orchid)?"

"Minglan... how beautiful." Hua bowed with a smile, "Minglan thank Madam for her name."

After Hua's confinement is over, Aunt Ma and Meng Yun want to go back to the Green Water village. The Duke Rong mansion naturally sent them away with a carriage and a lot of gifts.

Aunt Ma is old, and after she returned to her own home, she didn't want to go anywhere anymore.

However, Meng Yun took the opportunity to tell people how good her daughter was. The villagers were eager for details, and with a broad smile and a sense of pride, Meng Yun happily bragged.

"Meng Yun, tell us. What was it like in the Duke Rong's mansion?"

Meng Yun chuckled, relishing the attention. "Oh, let me tell you. Chunhua is living in a grand mansion, you know, with maids attending to her every need. Can you believe it? Our Chunhua!"