Chapter 49: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (9)

As the sun glowed upon the rooftop of Serenity Cove, Liam worked diligently, sweat glistening on his brow as he carefully installed the solar panels, one by one, on the hotel's roof. With each connection made, a spark of hope ignited in the hearts of the survivors below.

As the final panel was secured in place, the gathered crowd cheered, their voices rising in jubilation at the prospect of having electricity once again. 

However, the electricity that the solar panels can produce is limited. They have to prioritize the essentials—keeping the freezer in the kitchen running, ensuring the water pump functions properly, and illuminating key areas with strategically placed lights.

With the immediate needs addressed, Resh approached Liam with excitement. "Great job with the solar panels! It's incredible to have lights again."

Liam wiped the sweat on his face and said proudly, "Gee, Thanks! It was a bit of a challenge, but we managed to get it done. Too bad we didn't have enough juice for the lift, though."

Resh hesitated for a moment and asked tentatively, "Say, if we have more panels, do we still have space on the roof?"

"In the hotel? No, but there are so many roofs. Say, if we can place it on top of this shop and that shop," Liam said while pointing to the nearby buildings. "I may be able to connect it to the existing grid so the street could have lights as well. What do you think?"

"That sounds like a great idea," Resh replied, a smile spreading across his face. "I'll get you the panels in no time."

As Resh and Liam discussed the details of their plan, Hua looked at them from a distance. However, a familiar face approached her, her voice filled with excitement as she said, "Flo? It is you!"

Hua's eyes widened in surprise, but she returned her greetings with a polite nod, "Hi, Miya, long time no see."

Her mind was buzzing with thoughts. Why is the original owner's friends are here?

"How are you doing? You disappeared on us, and we were worried sick." Miya sat next to Hua without reservation, making Hua uncomfortable. However, they were roommates and were close before, so Hua has to continue to be calm. 

"I'm doing okay, all things considered."

Miya raised her hand to hold Hua's hand while asking softly, "Hey, have you heard about Kelvin?" 

Hua withdrew her hand back. "No, haven't seen him since that day at the apartment."

Miya's smile dimmed for a while, and she looked down when she said, "Good, that's good that you didn't see him." Then she quickly cheered up when saying, "Good riddance, if you ask me. That guy was a total jerk."

Hua's raised her eyebrow. "I don't remember you stopping him at that time."

Miya's eyes looked around dodgingly, and she said stutteringly, "You... well... at that time," after a while, she said reservedly, "Yeah... I guess you're right. You don't really want to see us again, do you?"

Hua didn't answer.

Miya looked down dejectedly. "I understand. It's probably for the best. I would be angry at me too... if I were you."

However, she came to Hua with determination, wanting to tell her about Kelvin. Florentina seemed to be higher up in this base, so this information might be useful.

She told Hua about meeting Kelvin again in the supermarket with dangerous-looking men before she stood up and muttered, "Flo... I'm sorry. Be careful, okay."

After Miya left, Hua sighed before making her way to Resh's side to tell him about the news.

As Edgar made his way through the streets of Serenity Cove, his rapid footsteps echoed softly as he walked out in a hurry.