Chapter 2: A Village's Little White Flower (2)

The sun was already high in the sky when Hua woke up the next day.

Her body was still weak, but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. Her throat was still little dry and painful, and her lips were parched. There was also a strange medicinal taste in her mouth. However, other than these minor discomfort, she wasn't suffering as much as before.

She immediately closes her eyes and tries to feel spiritual energy in the air. After a while, she sighed with relief. The spiritual energy here is not as strong as in the mountain, but it still exist. It should be enough for her to heal this body.

She stayed motionless on the bed for a while and quietly absorbed some trace of spiritual energy, but she heard someone quietly enter the room.

She opened her eyes, but still maintaining the habit of her previous life. She did not move and only observed the man quietly.

Her gaze seemed to have made the man nervous. After all, he knew that in the eyes of most people here, he is not better than a beast.

He is used to it. However, for some reason, even if the whole world is scared of him, he didn't want this woman to fear him.

He swallowed and walked as gently as possible towards the bed as if he was afraid of scaring her. He sat down next to her and asked with a low voice, "How do you feel?"

Hua didn't speak, as she was still a bit confused. After a while, she remembered who the man was and just hummed as a response. 

This man was the first person she saw clearly. Although she had Bai Chunhua's memory, it is different from seeing a human being so close with her own eyes.

Not only that, even though he had no relationship with the original Bai Chunhua, the man also treated her with kindness.

Last night, Hua could feel in her half-conscious state that this man wrapped her with the quilt and from time to time, he wiped her with wet cloth, then wrapped her again. He did it over and over again while whispering gently to comfort her, "Bear with it. Hang on for a while. It's almost morning."

She smelled some medicinal plants smell on him, which she could also taste in her mouth. The man must have fed her something when she was asleep. Whatever it is, it must be good for her because she managed to survive the night.

The man poured her a cup of water and helped her drink slowly. He didn't seem to mind her helpless body and was very patient.

At this moment, Hu Baoshan was also thinking about Bai Chunhua. Even though they barely know each other, he had pulled this young girl's life back from the gate of hell a few times already. It can be said that they have fate with each other, right? 

She shouldn't be scared of him, right?

He asked her softly, "Are you hungry? Can you eat?"

After a few seconds of silence, after Hua nodded, the man turned around awkwardly and disappeared to another room.

Hua touched her rumbling stomach weakly. This body was really hungry.

After Bai Chunhua fell into the water, her good cousin made a fuss as soon as they returned home. She accused her of adultery with a wild man, pretended to be good but her words actually full of accusation as usual. 

No matter what Bai Chunhua said to defend herself, no one believed her. Even her own father immediately told her to marry out quickly.

Bai Chunhua cried, screamed, and made a hunger strike, but it was no use.

The original owner had been in ill health since she was born. Then a few days ago, she fell into the water then starved herself for a few days. 

That young girl was one foot down in the afterlife when they placed her here. Sadly, no one from her family seemed to notice...