Chapter 52: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (12)

Two weeks later, Kai and the team who took Resh to the Dawn base returned to Serenity Cove.

Resh didn't return with them, but the team brought back some strangers, a young woman and her entourage.

Edgar frowned when he saw them and asked Kai for an explanation.

Kai wiped his sweat and his eyes were dodging, "Boss, I will tell you in a minute, but before that," he suddenly whispered, "Where is Miss Flo?"

"Flo? She is out collecting supplies. Why?"

"Oooh, she is out. Has her power returned yet?"

"She doesn't have water, but her space is still working. Don't worry. She was out with a team. Why? Why are you so weird?"

Kai looked back and pulled Edgar hesitantly before saying, "The woman in the white dress, she is..."

"She is Resh's fiance!"

Edgar was taken aback. Even though he worked for the Patterson family, he never heard of a fiance before.

Now, he understands Kai's hesitation and how sad she would be if Flo knew about this.

His eyes narrowed dangerously. "Is she here for Flo?"

"No, she doesn't know anything about Miss Flo. She is here... Well, blame Leo's big mouth."

Leo quickly came out to explain, "Hey, that's not my fault. Boss, if you heard their ridiculous offer, then you would also accidentally blurt out like me!"

"Nonsense, I heard it too, but I can keep my mouth shut."

"Shut up, Kai."

Edgar had a headache listening to them. He motioned to Kai to sort out the girl in the white dress and her friends while he took Leo to his office to talk.

It turns out the Dawn base is not as glamorous as it sounds.

As the official base around this region, it was severely overpopulated and didn't have a lot of resources.

Moreover, their ratio of supernatural beings can't be compared to ordinary people. The supernatural beings are only under 1% of their population.

The population in the Dawn base is over 1 million people, so this number is simply too scary.

Compared to them, Serenity Cove only has around 2000 people and over 80% of them are supernatural beings.

So when they arrived at the Dawn base, the higher-ups were staring at their convoy, which were all supernatural beings.

The management of the Dawn base extended an olive branch for their team to join the base, which they thought to be really generous.

They said that the supernatural beings in the Dawn base can live in the three-person dormitory, compared to the 12-person dormitory of the ordinary people.

They also get 1 granola bar, 2 instant noodles packs and 2 mineral water bottles a day. But if they could contribute to the base, they could also get contribution points, which can be traded with other supplies, such as soap, clothing, etc.

They were even smug when they offered it as if they were giving charity.

Leo couldn't control himself and laughed out loud.

You must know that most people in Serenity Cove have private rooms.

Single people like them still lived in the hotel. After all, they didn't have many requirements. But the families had to move in directly to the empty houses around Serenity Cove.