Chapter 29: A Wild Flower in the Beast World (9)

That night, after everyone had returned to their own dwellings, the cavern walls inside the patriarch's cave echoed with Fang's excited voice as he spoke about what happened during the day around the flickering fire.

"... and we saw the hunting group from the Blackwater Tribe early," Fang continued, "Ha! Brin was also there, that silly coward. He could only watch us walking away with our food."

The Blackwater tribe is a neighbouring tribe living near the lake a few distance away. They are not any smaller than the Howling tribe, and the two tribes often had disputes over territories before.

However, most disputes were won by the Howling tribe, so Patriarch Fang never took them seriously. 

As the night pressed on, Fang turned to Ling, whom he already considered as his protege. His eyes twinkled with a quiet intensity. "I watched you earlier. You are a formidable warrior! But leadership is more than just strength and prowess in battle, you know? You also must lead by example and show the tribe that you are willing to shoulder the burdens and put their needs above your own..."

Hua and Ling looked at each other. This seemed to be the right time to discuss their plan with the parents. 

Previously, Ling thought of settling in the Howling tribe so that Hua could live a better life. But now he knows that Hua actually doesn't like the people here very much. Also, after hearing the prophecy that they should lead the wolf clan for a better future, the two of them agreed that their next goal was to create a new tribe from scratch with Fang, Ren and Ling's friends.

Of course, it would be even better if anyone from this tribe wanted to follow them and was obedient.

So before Patriarch Fang could get any ideas, Hua thought it was better to make them clear first.

Hua stepped forward, her eyes blazing with conviction. "Pappa, there's something I need to tell you," she began, her voice steady. "Once the snow melts, I don't plan to stay in the tribe."

Fang's brow furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean, Hua?" he asked, his voice tinged with concern.

"Pappa, you know that some of the people here are stubborn and hard to cooperate with," Hua explained, her tone tinged with frustration. You said before that the younger generation had grown up and had different ideas. They are no longer willing to follow our wolf clan ways."

This is what Patriarch Fang complained about in private to Ren and the original owner. Even before Elise showed up in the tribe.

Hua continues, "So I believe it's time for us to find other wolf clans and make our own way."

Ren nodded in agreement, thoughtfully. "It's a wise idea, Fang," she remarked. Once the winter passes, we must find an elder or a priest of the wolf clan. This is also what your father and I had discussed," Ren said with solemn tones, her eyes alight with conviction.

Fang furrowed his brow, full of thoughts. "But where would we find them?" he thought aloud. It's been years since we've encountered another wolf clan."

Ling spoke up, his voice infused with quiet confidence. "Don't worry, Patriarch. Hua and I will find a way. We'll search far and wide until we locate someone who can help."

Ling had lived outside tribes for many years and known many people. Many people who used to be in this group were in other tribes, so he could always find information this way.

But Fang remained uncertain, his gaze drifting to the cavern floor as he wrestled with conflicting emotions. "However..." he murmured softly. "I've spent years building this tribe from scratch. It's a pity just to leave it behind."