Chapter 45: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (5)

"Sir? Can you see just fine?"

Resh's glasses were lost when they tried to escape and probably broken somewhere in the hallway. However, he was not too concerned about it.

For some reason, his eyesight has turned normal after he left that bathroom earlier.

Resh used computers since he was young, and he has been short-sighted for as long as he can remember. He could never have imagined being able to see the world without glasses anymore. 

It's probably something to do with the new power he just awoken. So... it's something to do with the strange woman... his fangirl.

Resh turned around to look at the sleeping girl on the sofa again.

"Sir?"

"It's okay. I'm fine without glasses. What were you trying to do again?" Resh asked in a low voice, not wanting to wake up the sleeping woman.

Kai pointed at the remaining bodies in the hallway. "We just planned to move them downstairs and... maybe buried them outside." He also said with a voice just barely above a whisper.

Some of these people were his colleagues. Brothers who live and die together.

"I see. Then you two could take that guy, and we two will take this guy?" 

Edgar quickly responded, "Sir, it's not necessary. We could handle it. You should go inside and rest."

Resh ignored him and started lifting the feet of a mangled body. "I'm fine. I can do it. Hurry up. The quicker we start, the quicker we finish." 

The employer said so. So Edgar and the rest of the bodyguards have to follow what he wants.

Although they had followed Resh for a while, they didn't expect their employer to have any upper body strength. Their employer is an expert in what he does, but it was not physical labour.

They thought he would give up after casually lifting a couple of meters, but Resh moved a body with them all the way to the ground floor without complaining.

However, as they arrived downstairs, Resh stood motionless outside the restaurant.

Blood... so much blood...

The chef and a couple of people were also in there moving bodies.

"These... are all the victims?" Edgar hasn't been downstairs and was unaware of the extent of the apocalypse.

Resh gagged for a while and had to lean on a pillar. When Harper went to check on him, he said, "I'm fine. I'll be fine." Resh was so close to becoming one of these people, and he felt sick once he thought about it.

Harper and the other staff members were also heavy with emotions. Some of these zombies were their colleagues and guests that they just greeted a few days ago. Harper even saw what used to be his manager on the floor. Even though he hated the guy, he never wished this kind of death on anyone.

Edgar was worried about Resh's condition. After all, he had been infected before. "Sir, leave the clean-up to us," he said firmly, his voice carrying a note of authority. Perhaps you and the bellboy could check if there are any more survivors in the hotel."

Resh nodded in agreement, grateful for the distraction. "Sounds like a plan," he replied, his voice shaky but steadier than before.

As they made their way towards the lobby, Resh asked, "Harper, is it? Can you get the guest records?" he asked, his brow furrowed with concern.

There was a moment of silence before Harper spoke up, his tone apologetic. "I'm afraid there's no electricity, Mr Patterson," he explained. "so we won't be able to use the computers."