Chapter 3: A Village's Little White Flower (3)

In the Bai family's house, the whole family was waiting for Bai Chunhua and her new husband to come back. It is the third day of the wedding, and the custom is for the newlyweds to visit the bride's family. It's only then the wedding is considered complete.

The Bai family is not rich. At best, they can only be regarded as a well-off farmer. Moreover, the Bai family population is large, and the few acres of field in the family are only enough to pay tax and feed their family.

Besides, Grandpa Bai and Grandma Bai are still alive and well, so the family has not been separated and the three generations are living under the same roof.

Bai Chunhua's father, Bai Dalang, is the first son of the Bai family. His character is generous and sincere, calm and steady. He knew that he has to be the pillar of the family and support his younger siblings from a young age. His only weakness is that he cares too much about his family's reputation outside.

Bai Dalang also has an older sister and a younger sister, but they have been married out for many years.

He and his wife, Meng Yun, has three sons and a daughter. The 19-years-old Bai Chunhua is the oldest, and after her, there are three younger brothers. Her second brother, Bai Guangzhi, 17-years-old, who has been betrothed for a year; then Bai Guangfeng, 14-years-old; and the youngest, Bai Guangjin, is 8-years-old.

Bai Dalang's second brother, Bai Erlang, and his wife, Li Cuiping, have a pair of children, a 14-years-old daughter, Bai Chuntao, and their youngest son, Bai Guanghai, is only nine years old.

There is also a third brother, Bai Sanlang, but he left to join the war years ago and has not returned. His life or death is unknown.

Meng Yun looked outside from time to time, anxiously waiting for her daughter's return.

Bai Dalang coughed and dragged his wife inside. "Be patient! Don't embarrassed yourself like this."

Bai Dalang was barely a decade older than Hu Baoshan. Based on hierarchy, people could say that they are in the same generation. But suddenly, this "brother" suddenly becomes his son-in-law, making Bai Dalang feels complicated.

Bai Dalang has to admit that he was a bit rash to marry off his troublemaker daughter, but his eyes were blinded with anger.

This is not the first time that Bai Chunhua was creating problems which shame their family. In the village, there is all sort of rumors about her. Bai Dalang really couldn't take it anymore and quickly married her off to get rid of this problematic child of the family.

After all, the family still has other unmarried children.

However, after thinking about it for a few days, it seems that he just threw this problem to a good person, which made him ashamed.

Bai Dalang is not the only person who is not feeling comfortable. From inside the house, Bai Chuntao was waiting for the newlyweds with complicated feelings.

Bai Chuntao hasn't seen Hu Baoshan for so many years, not after that tall burly man left her and disappeared in her previous life.

That's right. Bai Chuntao was reborn.

In her previous life, she always was second-best compared to her cousin, Bai Chunhua. The whole family loved Bai Chunhua and treated her as a pearl in their palm, while she was just a free labor.

She always thought, isn't Bai Chunhua just a little bit sicker and weaker than normal people? But in her previous life, the whole family never allowed Bai Chunhua to touch any housework, and everything good was offered to her like she was a little ancestor.

Her grandmother said that the reason is that Bai Chunhua is the lucky star of the family.

Before Bai Chunhua was born, the village had been plagued with a long drought, but heavy rain fell as soon as she was born.