Chapter 43: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (3)

After Hua got on the bicycle, she rode all the way to Serenity Cove. This is the place with a five-star hotel where the original male protagonist was located.

The wind whipped through her hair as she sped down the deserted streets, her eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger.

The cityscape around her was an eerie display of decay and desolation. Buildings stood silent, their windows shattered, and there were groaning noises every now and then. The streets were littered with blood and debris.

As she turned a corner, her heart skipped a beat as she caught sight of a group of zombies stumbling towards her. Their vacant eyes fixed on her with hungry desperation. But Hua didn't flinch. She gritted her teeth and pedalled faster.

It was only the early days of the apocalypse. The zombies are still slow and have lower intelligence. It is very easy for Hua to avoid them.

The zombies lunged at her with sluggish movements, their arms outstretched in a futile attempt to grab her. But Hua was too quick for them. She weaved through this maze of obstacles with precision, her senses heightened by adrenaline.

Serenity Cove loomed in the distance. Hua's heart raced with anticipation as she neared the resort.

The five-star hotel was perched atop a lush hill overlooking the endless ocean and stood as the centre of Serenity Cove. Surrounded by shops and a peaceful, low-density residential area, the hotel's pristine facade gleamed in the sunlight, a contrast to the chaotic area where Florentina lived.

As she stopped in front of the hotel, she scanned the area for any signs of life. The front yard was deserted, the once-luxurious surroundings now eerily silent. But this didn't scare Hua. She dismounted her bicycle, took out a bat and approached the entrance. Her steps echo in the empty space.

Inside, the lobby was a shadow of its former self. The once-grand furnishings lay in disarray, and there are several zombies turned around and reached to her. But Hua greeted them with her bat and continued forward through the deserted halls.

Suddenly, a noise echoed from the depths of the hotel, causing Hua to freeze in her tracks. She strained her ears, listening for any sign of movement. And then she heard it again—a pounding on a door and a faint cry for help, echoing through the silence.

Without hesitation, Hua followed the sound, her heart pounding in her chest as she raced towards the source. 

She rounded a corner and arrived at what looked like the restaurant. She came face to face with a scene of chaos—a group of zombies had cornered a group of survivors in the kitchen. They managed to barricade the door, but there were more and more zombies at the door.

Maybe the survivors came to the kitchen to look for food, or they were in the restaurant when the chaos started. However, it wasn't the time for Hua to wonder about this.

Hua hit the wooden door with her bat, causing big noises that attracted the zombies' attention. As the undead reached out to catch her, she walked backwards and kept swinging her bat with all her strength, smashing the nearest zombie with a sickening crunch. The others turned towards her, their eyes blazing with hunger as they advanced.

But Hua was ready for them. With each swing, she attracted the zombies away from the door, giving the survivors a chance to escape.

Just when Hua was about to turn around and run, some figures emerged from the kitchen with eyes that blazed with determination. The survivors also carried various makeshift weapons, such as heavy iron cast pans and big knives, and also came out to battle the zombies.

Together, they fought side by side against the horde. And when the last zombie had fallen, they stood together amidst the wreckage, their hearts pounding like crazy.