Chapter 51: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (11)

Edgar looked at the empty glass bottle in her hand. This was the potion bottle Flo had given him on the roof, the same bottle she had given him in the hotel to save his life before.

His gaze was complicated. He had issued a gag order for the supernatural beings present on the roof that day not to talk about what had happened then, but still, some words made it to the rest of the survivors.

Since the beginning of the apocalypse, she has known about what is going on. She knows about the nature of the supernatural powers and how to obtain them, and now she has these weird medicines.

Florentina is too eye-catching. He had no choice but to collect every single one of these bottles from his subordinates to remove evidence. 

He handed the bottle in his hand to Lucas, "Destroy it with the others."

Lucas nodded with understanding. They cannot have Flo to be in danger after all she has done for them. Although, he has to admit that she was indeed suspicious.

"Boss, then, about the other matter?" Kai hesitantly asked.

Edgar was silent for a while before answering, "Leave it to me."

Flo was injured and could not wake up no matter what they did. They had no choice but to bring her back to the base and ask the doctor to take a look at her.

But even the doctor could see what was wrong.

Resh was too preoccupied with looking after her, so he could not discuss the matter of the base with him for the time being.

Though most people felt they owed their lives to Miss Flo's extraordinary abilities, whispers of fear and suspicion began circulating among the group.

The ability she showed that day is simply too scary. People don't question it on the day but talk about it when they get back. Those who had worked with Flo directly knew that she was not evil. But people who didn't know started to feel scared and worried.

This is also normal.

The voices of dissent grew louder, demanding that Flo be expelled from the base, just in case her powers were dark in nature and would bring harm to the group. 

Edgar was torn between gratitude for Flo's actions and his leadership responsibility. He found himself faced with a daunting challenge to maintain order.

He knew that unity was essential for their survival, but the fear and distrust threatened to tear them apart.

With tensions running high and her fate hanging in the balance, the person in question was not even awake.

As Edgar massaged his temples, which started to hurt, Harper knocked on the door.

"Boss, there is a group at the gate with a truck of supplies. They said they are here to see you."

"To see me? Did they say what they want?"

"The leader called himself Ace. Tall, bald, big muscle? He said you saved his butt a few days back."

"Oh, those people." They are the ill-mannered men that they accidentally met before the zombie tide before. Rather than saving them, Edgar would think of them as unlucky bystanders.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the Serenity Cove base, the survivors gathered by the gate and stared at a truck laden with supplies, drawing everyone's attention.

With grateful smiles and heartfelt expressions of thanks, Ace and his group unloaded crates of food, water, and other essentials, eager to repay the kindness shown to them by Edgar and his team.