Chapter 39: A Wild Flower in the Beast World (19)

As the sun dipped low on the horizon, casting long shadows across the forest floor, a sense of unease settled over the Howling tribe. 

Their only healer, Kyro, has been absent for many days. No one else knows anything about medicinal plants, so Kyro has to go out in person to search for these herbs. Elise trusted him, especially as she still had his child in her stomach. However, the remaining tribe members are not so at ease.

Too many people were leaving during this time. Now, their hearts are tight every time someone leaves.

Kyro's absence weighed heavily on their minds, leaving them vulnerable without their healer. With each passing day, their food supplies dwindled, and the urgency to find prey grew more pressing. 

One day, Yan and the other males set out to hunt, leaving Elise and the other females to tend to the camp and care for the children.

If Hua, Fang or Ren were there, they would tell them that this is a bad idea. Some males have to stay in the tribe to guard.

However, there are so many things in the tribe at the moment that it actually crossed their mind.

In the afternoon, a sudden rustling of wings shattered the silence, sending a ripple of fear through the group. Instinctively, the females gathered their children close, their eyes scanning the sky for any sign of danger. 

The flapping noise grew louder, drawing nearer with each passing moment, and panic surged within them. Without hesitation, they fled towards the safety of their caves, seeking refuge from whatever unseen threat lurked above.

Elise was heavily pregnant and could not move as quickly. As the flapping grew louder, Elise's heart raced with fear, her instincts urging her to seek safety for herself and her unborn child. 

She glanced anxiously at the children who ran away in front of her, protected by their mothers. Her eyes were widened with envy.

Just as she struggled to move, a deep voice resonated behind her, freezing her in place. "Huh? There is a tribe here?"

Turning slowly, Elise's eyes widened in surprise as she came face to face with a stranger.

The man is tall, with thick, fiery red hair and piercing yellow eyes. He looks wild and domineering but extremely handsome.

His eyes were slack when he looked at her, but then he began to focus slowly as if turning sober. In those eyes, there was a moment of curiosity, caution and a little doubt.

His confused eyes contrasted with his wild and domineering body. He actually became cute.

"Who are you?" Elise managed to stammer, her voice trembling with a mixture of fear and uncertainty.

Axel looked at the pregnant female in front of him. "You need to introduce your own name before asking others," he said with his chin lifted. He sniffed around for a while and said, "Little female, you smell like a snake."

As an eagle clan, he hates snakes the most. 

'Such a pity. A beautiful female, but his mate is a snake.' 

As the flapping noise faded into the distance, the females cautiously emerged from the safety of the cave, their hearts pounding with fear. 

They scanned the surroundings and made sure that there were no predators around. They checked each other to ensure everyone was safe, but they noticed that Elise was not with them.

Frantically, they searched every cave, calling out her name in desperation, but she was nowhere to be found. Panic gripped them as they realized the severity of the situation.