Chapter 28: A Wild Flower in the Beast World (8)

In the heart of the tribe, inside Fang and Ren's cave dwelling, the family gathered around a crackling fire, sharing a meal that resulted from Ling and his friends' successful hunt.

The dancing flames illuminated Fang's weathered features. As they ate, he praised Ling again for being a good hunter. However, Ling shook his head and modestly said, "It was Hua who pinpointed the hunting grounds. There was so much prey around, so we just chased them one by one."

Fang and Ren exchanged a glance, surprised by this information. Hua didn't usually go out for a hunt, so how could she possess such knowledge?

Momentarily caught off guard, Hua struggled to explain the truth. Obviously, she couldn't tell them about the system or the map inside her head. 

Yet, after vaguely explaining that she could see the location of prey in her head, her parents interpreted her 'sight' as a divine gift bestowed upon her by the Beast God. In their eyes, Hua and Ling were the chosen ones from legends, destined to lead their people to the pinnacle of life.

As a result, Fang and Ren looked at their daughter with sparkling eyes.

Hua felt uncomfortable with their worshipping gaze. It was like being praised when you were cheating. However, in this era, this was the best explanation she could make.

Initially, Ling was confused as he wasn't raised with wolf clan traditions and customs. But Ren explained the legend to him carefully and what his marking meant for their wolf clan, making him shocked and nervous but also excited about the future.

No one ever expected anything from him before.

Fang interjected their conversation, "But that's still a long way to go. First of all, Hua, where should we go tomorrow?" He asked excitedly.

The tribe is really behind in hunting for winter supplies. It would be good if Hua could point them in the right direction. Saving them time for searching and chasing.

"I don't know, Pappa, I have to see it first," Hua said awkwardly. This is not a lie. The map could only show her the prey within a limited distance around her.

After she explained this, Fang thought for a while and asked them to go to the cliff behind the tribe in the morning.

On the first light of dawn, he worked Hua up and urged her to climb the towering cliff behind their tribe. Of course, in the end, Ling is the one who climbs the cliff. His sleepy wife only climbed his back and went back to sleep when he made his way to the top.

Ren was also curious and wanted to witness her daughter's abilities firsthand. Nowadays, she rarely leaves the tribe, but she also joined the ascent on her husband's back alongside Hua and Ling. 

Some tribe members below, who woke up early enough, watched with curiosity and murmurs of speculation as the family of four scaled the heights. Their silhouette was etched against the backdrop of the waking sky.

Yan was woken up by some concerned friends and looked up at their shadow with worries. Behind him, Mace and his other friends reassured him that they would support him no matter what the patriarch did. 

As his friends patted his back comfortingly one by one, Yan tried hard to remember if there were any rituals of the wolf clan that he had forgotten. Why would the patriarch and the whole family climb the cliff so early in the morning?

At the summit, Hua finally awoke enough to survey the landscape. Her eyes scanned the horizon, and she was surprised to see dots on her map revealing clusters of prey. Looking at the area from this height actually revealed more area for her!

She pointed to the area on the northwestern side and told her father that there were many prey there. 

Fang is a skilled hunter, and he recognises the land around them like the back of his hand. After thinking for a while and remembering the route of animals at this time of the year, he also thinks that Hua is very likely to be correct.