Chapter 56: An Overlord Flower in the Apocalypse (16)

After leaving Resh out in the courtyard, Hua didn't enter her dormitory. Instead, she climbed on the roof and stared at the moon.

This base has too many people, and it was really uncomfortable. Hua felt that her time in this base really highlighted that she was not the same as these people.

She is not a human being.

As she looked at the moon with worship, she couldn't help but miss her father and mother and her brother and sisters.

She wanted to go home.

She had played enough, and it was not fun anymore.

[Ding! Host, you could earn points by completing the mission from the system. With enough points, you can return to any world you want, fulfil your wish and achieve the pinnacle of life.]

Hua was silent for a while before asking, "How many points do I need to go home?"

[...]

[Detecting that the Host does not have enough points. Host, please continue to work hard.]

Hua frowned. Looking at the seven-digit balance of her points, it was very suspicious that the system didn't have enough balance. The system didn't even answer her properly.

At the same time, elsewhere, Toby's heart pounded in his chest as he staggered through the dilapidated streets, the echoes of his team's screams still ringing in his ears. 

With encouragement from his subordinates, he went out to clear zombies in this metropolitan part of the city, but he didn't expect that clearing up zombies to be so hard.

He had barely escaped the clutches of the Zombie King, leaving behind his comrades to meet their grim fate. Shame and annoyance gnawed at him like a relentless beast, each step a painful reminder of his failure.

He should have been a hero in this story. How come he was defeated so badly?

His breath came in ragged gasps as he stumbled into the nearby car, only accompanied by a handful of his guards.

These remaining guards are those who followed him for the promise of women and riches, not those that he controlled.

Otherwise, they wouldn't flee for their life with him but use their own bodies to allow him to escape, just like the others.

Even though he was dissatisfied by their cowardice, he also needed escorts and protection, so he would bear it for the time being. 

"Hurry up, drive! drive! drive!" He urged.

With zombies chasing their track, the car drove full speed through the dilapidated highway towards the nearest base.

Upon the gates of the Dawn base, his body weary from the relentless pursuit. The guards eyed him warily as he approached, his dishevelled appearance betraying the ordeal he had endured whole nights.

"I have vital information," he croaked, his voice hoarse from exhaustion. "There is a Zombie King."

The guards exchanged a glance before allowing him entry. Toby was ushered into the makeshift headquarters, where the base's management met him with a mix of scepticism and intrigue.

As he relayed the details of his encounter with the high-level zombie, Toby sensed the shift in demeanour.

Once alerted by the guards, the management of the Dawn base called for an emergency meeting.

They listened intently, their expressions grave as they absorbed Toby's words. Toby felt a glimmer of satisfaction, knowing that his hard work had not been in vain.