Chapter 14: A Village's Little White Flower (14)

When Hu Baoshan went out last time, he only planned to stay out for ten days or two weeks at most, but his plan could not keep up with the changes.

He had been away from home for a full month. Ever since he got married, he hasn't been separated from his wife for this long. Every night he missed his wife but could only bear it.

Hu Baoshan quickened his pace and walked like the wind. The door swung open, revealing the cozy interior of their home. A fire crackled in the hearth, casting flickering shadows across the room. Bai Chunhua engrossed in her thoughts, turned at the sound of the door creaking open.

Su Linlong stood up in shock and saw this unrecognizable man enter the house.

'Intruder?'

Su Linlong had noticed some men had begun to watch Bai Chunhua with lecherous eyes. Probably, they thought her brain was not good, and her husband was away, so they planned to take advantage of her. Su Linlong's heart has been very tense in the past few weeks.

She was ready to attack this strange man when she heard Bai Chunhua call, "Husband?"

Gone was the rugged man-bear with a wild beard, replaced by a more refined version of Hu Baoshan. His hair was neatly combed and framed his face, revealing features that had been hidden beneath a shroud of messy beard for so long.

'That's Hu Baoshan?'

Su Linlong squealed with a mix of surprise and delight. His changes were massive, yet the most important part was that he actually returned home!

At that moment, Hua couldn't contain her joy. She rushed towards him, and her heart was pounding with anticipation. Without a word, she leapt into his arms, her arms wrapping tightly around his neck.

"Husband!" she exclaimed.

As a fox, Hua identified people mainly by their smell. She might misremember faces, but people's smell will stay the same. This is her husband, for sure.

Hu Baoshan, taken aback by her sudden and enthusiastic welcome, felt a surge of warmth in his chest. He couldn't help but reciprocate the affection. His arms encircled her, pulling her closer as he lowered his head, capturing her lips in a passionate kiss.

Bai Chunhua responded with equal excitement.

Su Linlong, the big giant light bulb, know that it is time for her to exit the scene.

Begrudgingly, she went out through the back door and found somewhere else to sleep tonight.

Once the rest of the soldiers had finished purchasing food from the villager, Wang Hai, who was the youngest in the group, was tasked to go to Hu Baoshan's house to call him back.

Prince Rong knows how to read people, and everyone that he recruited this time has their own advantages. For example, Hu Baoshan was not talkative, while Wang Hai was the opposite.

He worked as a waiter in the county town for five or six years. Wang Hai had developed a clever mouth and knew very well how to make people happy. He is very suitable to run errands.

However, before Wang Hai could even reach Hu Baoshan's door, he heard ambiguous noises inside. Wang Hai is a young man who is not married yet. His face blushed into deep red, and he turned away immediately.

'Captain Hu is so fierce! It's not even that dark yet.'

He went to his brothers to report in whispers. The man chuckled and said, "Captain Hu must miss his wife very much. Never mind, let's go back first."

After leaving the village head a message for Hu Baoshan, the remaining four soldiers jumped onto their horses and went back immediately.

The Bai family, who had also come to watch the excitement, also went home with a smile.