Chapter Four

McLean placed the nut-brown fedora onto his greying head and it fitted snugly but as he fixed it a sudden breeze swooped by him and he needed to hold his palm over the hat to keep it from blowing across the estate like a kite dancing with the wind. By his side was the infamous Lyra who casually smoked a cigarette, observing him for a split second before minding her business again.

The man, whilst waiting for her majesty to get done telling the young mistress goodbye, glanced at the women standing in the sunlight and he realized with amusement that Colette pouted like a spoiled child being told no over and over. Mclean even heard a fraction of their conversation and chuckled to himself at the recalcitrant young girl.

"Listen to me, Colette," Adira spoke and the man saw the girl keep her gaze to the pebbles on the ground. Adira rolled her eyes, trying her best to hold back the curl of her lips.

"If I come back and find out that you tried to follow me, or leave the estate in any way or even ruin another one of my water fountains I will be throwing hands with you. I hope I said that right," the woman said staring off into the horizon, she squinted at the brightness.

"I still don't understand why I can't come yet you're taking McLean,"

"Sweetheart," Adira lifts the girl's chin, causing Colette to gaze into her tanned face, still pouting.

"As decrepit as McLean might appear he can defend himself if necessary. You on the other hand still have a long way to go and I hope you understand that the reason I'm not taking you is for your safety. I'm not saying I wouldn't protect you or it'll get violent but I'm saying I don't want that to be the case if it comes to it, please understand,"

"Fine," the girl fussed.

"I'll make it up to you," said her majesty and Colette arched a brow.

"How,"

"You'll see," Adira kissed her forehead quickly. "Please be good,"

"I won't, I promise to be bothersome to all the revenants,"

The queen chuckled as she walked away and just as the woman was near her car, she noticed Mclean and Lyra at the other vehicle, they were waiting. But coming up the driveway was a familiar car and one Colette quickly recognized. The brunette placed a hand over her eyes to help her confirm that she saw correctly.

Climbing out of the white car was Hans with a grinning Felix at his side.

"Good to see you too," the short, ebullient younger man greeted first, placing a quick kiss on the girl's cheek when he was close. When Hans came forward too he hugged her tightly. Colette basked in the warmth of his hold, she even smiled at the familiar scent of his perfume. It reminded her of all the good times and bad times, reminding her of the reality that she and her friends were now part of the supernatural world.

"We're here to keep your company, ma'am, two homosexual revenants at your service," he bowed and Colette chuckled.

"I thought we were here to babysit her since miss majesty had her queenly duties," Felix whispered as if what he said was a secret. "I could swear it's what your sweetheart insinuated," he said to Colette and she snickered.

The brunette eventually gazed off to the woman who looked at them from afar. She paused for a moment before climbing into her car.

Her majesty's Mercedes swerved out of the driveway first and followed behind was McLean and Lyra in the other and at their absence, Colette fixed her attention back to her friends. They chatted, and the conversation was an indicator that it was going to be a very wild day.

"I brought weed," said Felix and Colette clapped enthusiastically. She then dragged the young men into the manor, almost immediately forgetting the tragedy she was made aware of that morning.