Chapter Sixty- Four

The women had once again joined the group of people who, although it was well into midnight, did not stop their talking. They planned and prepped and talked about the situation of everything without any signs of stopping soon. They even spoke of the personal experiences of those who were willing to share. Aksel became one of those individuals who willingly took the spotlight to share.

He became entertainment to the people for he told them of his endeavours in life. He recounted his run-ins with countless important people and how he helped them with his sorcery. Christa did not believe he was older than Adira, for to her he was just a regular-looking man in his early fifties but he showed her. He pulled out documents that stated he was nearly six hundred years old and her mind was blown, to say the least.

The entire time, the queen observed the man who was her father and she felt intrigued. Aksel seemed like such a wonderful person and to think Isabella used him at first to get back at her lover only to fall in love with his charms and prowess was exactly what she expected from a situation like that. Aksel was a good man and Adira planned on getting to know him.

After a while of her and Colette being there listening in on the conversation, they eventually slipped away. The brunette's hand in the woman's as they left, they giggled among themselves.

Petra was the first person to realize they'd disappeared that way and the moment she learned of this she turned to Beth only to realize that the blonde had also caught on and together they exchanged looks of understanding and amusement.

The young girl blushed because of the hunger she saw on the vampires face. It promised a wonderful night for her as well and truly she couldn't wait but for now, her task along with her girlfriend was to make sure the people didn't realize Adira and Colette slipped away to do the nasty. So, Beth observed as Petra immediately got up from the table. She cleared her throat loudly, drawing the people's attention.

At the far corner of the room, Sam sat with a beer nestled within his hand, something he had there for over an hour. The man seem disinterested in what went on and for the first time, she felt pity for him. He was the only one who was huddled by himself and she understood his need to refrain from socializing, she missed Isaac too but she realized there wasn't anything that could be done except to lay him alone with his friends to rest. 

Garnering the attention of the people, the vixen studied them. "If my memory serves me correctly, there's an entertainment lounge in the basement of this building," she revealed to try and distract them.

"Really?" Questioned Colette's brother, his eyes glinting with intrigue.

"Absolutely. We could take this conversation there, for I think Queen Adira and Colette are having a very serious conversation right now and I don't think they'd need us disturbing them," said the woman.

Felix had caught on before anyone else could and so a chuckle eased from him but quickly he covered his mouth. Christa, along with Aenon and the others were still heavily engaged in whatever discussion they had going on with the warlock to realize the undertone of this new idea of Petra. 

"Do they have any console games?" Felix questioned to make it seem like he wasn't a sneaky bitch who caught what Petra said. He played it cool but was given a stern look from the vixen that made him shrug with an eye roll.

"Does it have a surround system?" Asked Hans. "I think we'll need that," he responded finally picking up on the hint. He noticed that his friend and the queen were no longer in the room and was able to put the puzzle together.

"I'm not sure, haven't been there in a while," replied Petra.

"Yeah but we all can't go down there, leaving this place unattended. What if we get attacked again?" Asked one of the revenants.