Chapter Fifty- Three

Adira decided it was better not to show up inside the house without permission, she couldn't afford to startle the people if they were there. She could imagine how that would look to the girl's traumatized family. So once they stopped, they decided it best to do it at the front of the house.

They realized upon reaching that the community was quiet, unlike what they were expecting but that was their reality, a dreary ghost town and both women were cautious.

There were fires throughout portions of the neighbourhood, burning cars and tires, dilapidated houses, even some parts of the streets were flooded due to busted fire hydrants but there was no sign of anyone. Adira was on high alert because of this, way more than the robust older woman at her side. Where could a neighbourhood of people have possibly gone in the middle of a crisis like that? They couldn't take or kill them all, or at least she hoped they wouldn't.

"So you've met these people before?" Asked the greying haired woman. She tried to make conversation as she and Adira walked up to the house.

From the outside, it seemed as if the place was empty, there were no movements, no drawing of curtains, no pleas for help, no whispering, nothing. They hadn't a clue if they would've found anyone, but they kept their fingers crossed, ears and eyes opened because you just never know. Maybe people hid, Iradessa recalled the authorities advice to people; hide if you could, fight if you can but do not willingly seek these things out. It was why the packs within the countless regions sent some of their people out, it was to protect the humans even though they had reasons not to save them.

"I've never met these people a day in my life,"

The Councilwoman stared hard at the slender figure before a chuckle slipped from her. They now stood at the front door and her majesty was quietly taking in the vicinity. So far all was well, but if it was one thing she knew was that silence in the middle of havoc was never a good sign.

Leaning against the frame, waiting, her hooded eyes focused on Adira, Iradessa thought of the current situation while her majesty placed her palm on the knob of the door and with a little jolt, the door came creaking open.

For a moment, Iradessa was curious how she opened a locked door that fast but she remembered she was in the presence of the daughter to Isabella, a woman with countless tricks up her sleeve, magic and divine energy aside.

"Then this should be interesting I suppose," confided the robust lady at the notion Adira had never met these people before but was there to save them if they needed it.

"I'm curious how the exchange would go. Good evening, don't be startled but I've come for you mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law," said Iradessa, feigning a stern tone, one she thought would've been similar to Adira's. She even did the familiar greeting by trusting her hand out, pretending to shake someone's hand. She chuckled after she did it but Adira shook her head.

"I'm just pulling your leg. I'm sure in a time like this they won't be interested in exchanging pleasantries, well maybe not right away. They'd be too busying trying to get out of this," said the woman looking back at the mess all around.

After some seconds lingering at the door, the two women walked into the quiet home, her majesty's gaze fell on the Councilwoman. "I don't plan on introducing myself without Colette,"

"Nervous?"

"One could say that it is nervousness," replied Adira. "I'm not exactly what a mother would foresee her daughter bringing home to the family."

"Nonsense, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you. Who knows, after this, they would be so elated to know the woman who rescued them was now a part of their family. But with that aside, I could imagine the nervousness-" the woman's words trailed off upon the discovery of the interior of the home.