Chapter Sixty- Seven

"It's not a traditional wedding, but I still want you to get dressed in like a nice tux where there's a little pocket so you'd be able to carry the bands, ya know?" Questioned Colette, her gaze to the dog whose attention was to her.

Lottie was beside her on the bed and the animal listened to her owner rant about the upcoming union for the last several minutes. She seemed to understand every word for her eyes would lift whenever she hear certain words while her tail wagged and brushed against the bed.

"I know you would've liked the tux, I can tell you're that type of girl who doesn't care about clothes because that's how it should be," she whispered, chuckling to herself at the thought of her baby in a nice suit.

"Most people would ask why I'd do that but it would've been so cool for you to be a part of it dressed like a gentlewoman, don't you think?"

Colette had questions as she laid there cuddling the dog in silence. They were silly questions but still there and valid to her. She wondered if Lottie were human somehow, would they still have been friends or would the dog have ended their relationship from being too tired of her whiny attitude? Or, if given a chance to choose her actual owner/caretaker, would she have chosen her to be there for her, to love her the way she does or would she have wanted more, perhaps gone for a wealthy family or person who lived an exuberant lifestyle?

This brings Colette to ruminate further.
She remembered how she met the dog and it was the most unique encounter she'd had with any animal. She'd been walking home after having a horrible night with Beth when the frisky little furball ran up to her and immediately started playing. She remembered asking questions, talking to her the same way she often did. The brunette never found a collar or contact information to tell who she'd belonged too so she took her home, hoping she'd run into posters about her being lost in the area.

A day turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and that's how she ended up with the dog as her pet. That specific encounter happened three months before the night at the river and reflecting, Colette saw just how much fate or destiny was at play. She was meant to find Lottie. The animal was meant to be a companion for when she was lonely and unsure of what to do. She was meant to have her by her side when Adira had first brought her to the manor. Those first nights were lonely and cruel and the only presence she had was her baby.

A smile curled at her lips upon finally realizing how preplanned and strictly plotted everything was. Nothing in life was coincidental even if it seemed that way; she remembered Adira saying those words to her once and maybe not in that order but it was the summary of what she meant. There was some numen presence who carved everything out fixing it in place so they'd mesh perfectly like tiny pieces of a puzzle, this puzzle being life itself.

The girl was glad this presence and the many others took time to create something as beautifully infallible as the reality they lived in even if to her and everyone else who couldn't see that they moved and lived according to the creators' will. 

Seconds after Colette ended her train of thoughts, the girl and her dog's special time was interrupted by Queen Adira's presence. The woman stood in the doorway, her rapt eyes to them with a look of intrigue written extensively on her face.

"The fact that you still speak to her as if she's a child amazes me," she said to finally announce her presence there.

"Studies have shown that dogs have toddler-like brains, so yeah, of course, I'll talk to her like a child and that's because she is, aren't you sweety?" the girl responded, carefully scratching the dog's face and ears.

Adira smiled, folding her hands across her chest as she observed the dog who had perked up, her fluffy tail wagging from excitement from having her needs met and seeing her second companion in the room.