Chapter Seven

The quiet house she stood in was nice, big actually for just one person Beth thought as she casts her brown eyes up at the giant ceiling. The chandeliers she saw were nice, the crystals hanging from them attracted her gaze along with the white lights that emitted a beautiful glow around the room. It was apparent that the older woman she'd been seeing moved in recently because there were boxes filled with things in them still sitting in the hall, etc. Some of the furniture was still covered in plastic and although the home was filled with valuables, they weren't arranged properly. The girl could only imagine what the beauty would look like when it put together.

"So you said you bought this house?" inquired Beth.

In the background, Petra's footsteps could be heard coming from behind. She walked into the room to find Beth scrutinizing the place and she smiled. She hoped she liked it, she bought it so they'd have a little hideaway, well, for Beth to have a little haven away from her parent's home but she didn't tell the girl that yet.

"I wanted somewhere that was remote: no neighbours for a few miles, big, homey but mostly big," she replied. "It's ideal for me if I'm being honest. Ideal for parties and social gatherings. I plan to use the hell of the backyard space,"

"Won't it get lonely?" The girl questioned turning to the woman whose beautiful face greeted her. Petra was stunning, long hair she usually kept braided but that instant she wore it in a ponytail that was thick and fluffy and smelled good. Even in casual jeans and a big t-shirt the woman's physique was there and the young girl found herself staring, and quite a lot, at her sensuous hips. Her intention wasn't to make the woman feel objectified or even entertain the thought which was why she did it discreetly or would scold herself not to look.

"Lonely? I have you now and you'll come to keep my company so that would suffice,"

The blonde blushed at the woman's response. She liked hearing Petra say things like that, it made her look forward to things, it made her feel wanted and that was refreshing. Beth didn't need to beg for attention and something as basic as being talked to. Those acts were given and ever since Petra started coming around often she realized how messed up her relationship with Colette was. She didn't want to compare the two people nor any of the experiences but she did and boy did Petra make her ex look like an amateur. For once, the young woman felt like someone was putting in the effort to keep her around.

"I like it here and as long as you want I'll come by,"

"Good," Petra stepped closer, close enough to circle a hand around the girl's waist. "Because you'll be coming here quite a lot and I want to make sure that you're comfortable, it's why I bought it, I had you in mind,"

The vampire pulled her in and kissed her lips, enjoying the girl's willingness and saccharine taste. It lasted several seconds but lacked nothing; the passionate way she kissed the girl promised for there to be an enjoyable moment in the future.

"You bought it with me in mind?" Asked Beth when they pulled away. She licked her lips, tasting Petra's cherry flavoured lipgloss to which her stomach somersaulted.  She couldn't help but blush again at the thought of them being so casual with their affection. The look on Petra's face told her even the woman was having moments of similar rumination.

"Yeah, as much as I adore the white picket fence at your home, and the nice yard space, the cute house on it and not forgetting that once we sneaked a lil something, something while your parents slept was an enjoyable adventure but I knew you'd want some amount of privacy and that's what I catered too. Plus I had been eyeing this place up for a while, it just suits me,"

It truly did because the woman catered for there being no neighbours simply because she was a vampire and one who would frequently have her socialite friends over and the last thing she wanted was a bunch of nosey humans all up in her business. Petra also didn't want to have to hide while existing in her own space.