Chapter Forty- One

A lil update for y'all 😘

×

Adira squeezed the vampire that knelt before her like a wet rag until there was nothing left within his body to percolate. She crushed Albert until his eyes popped from his skull, they deliquesced, dripping down his face like heated goo. His bones shattered and crumbled like a brittle biscuit beneath her telekinetic hold, leaving his flesh to sag as if old age had finally caught up with him that second.

Every major and minor organ in the man's body was squeezed of their vitality and once his heart ruptured like a balloon that was wrapped up in a fist and squeezed tightly, Albert fell to the ground like a hollow piece of wood. His darkened blood painted both his sagging flesh and the ground illuminated by the manor incessantly burning in the background.

The witnesses to this horrific scene: the traumatized vampires and excited revenants all stood there with an amalgamation of reactions. Sounds of horror and sheer fear emanated from the fanged beings whereas there were snickers of encouragement from their persecutors that amplified Adira's hate and actions.

There was no mistake in the emotions of the cornered people, but their's weren't as important. What was of significance was that their intentions of provoking and taunting the devil in her majesty to show its grotesque face was successful and the fact that the people's reaction now was to act surprise was both ridiculous and amusing.

The queen's gaze initially fell upon the others, her dark coals, imbued with a quiet flame reflected. Quivering lips due to the anger that fizzed, and that look of scorn made them all want to fall to their knees and beg but all they could do was move their terror-filled eyes around, until.

"We only did what we were told to do," Calais said unexpectedly after figuring out that she could speak and Adira studied her.

"Everything we did was because Edas convinced us that we needed to. He got us involved with the whole Petra ordeal, he saw it as a way to make you seem like you were impulsive and reckless. He had the help of council members that were promised things by deal devils we never knew existed. They were the ones telling him what to do and we just went along with it,"

"That sounds almost as if you're taking accountability away from yourself because you don't want to end up like your friend here,"

The gaze of all the vampires fell to the ground and their beings quivered at the sight of their dead friend. Shame and fear inevitably inundated them as the queen burned like the sun in front of their faces.

"Although Edas is the mastermind, you were all willing to be his henchmen, and do not think for one second that I wasn't aware. The moment you fools showed up at my manor to get Petra, I saw the wide smiles and excitement on your faces. You were glad to be a menace, glad to cause harm and to kill and my revenants and sabotage my businesses are all evidence of such,"

"The need to be an incessant pain in my arse was so profound, your people saw killing my friend, my family as a wonderful idea," the woman said and in her tone was sadness and a hint of sadness the vampires had never encountered. They didn't even know the woman had such emotions but seeing the way her dark eyes misted proved otherwise.

"Because of such idiocy, your friends, families and lovers will suffer for your actions. And I'll make sure that you're all the first ones to go before I take their lives,"

"No!" The girl among the blood-sucking ghouls cried out. Tears did settle within her purple eyes but it did not faze the queen. Her majesty felt no remorse or guilt, nor shame in what she did and planned to do. No amount of crocodile nor genuine tears could change that. She was intent on exacting revenge but she had no interest in killing them. No, she wanted her revenants to do that. Adira's interest was finding Edas and the many others who encouraged him but glancing at the mansion that was up in flames she knew there was no way anyone would've survived.