Chapter Thirty- Seven

The manor was filled to the brim with people Colette had never seen before, and most of these people she realized were of the supernatural. They were from all walks of life, whether a revenant, short and pudgy with rough noses or just an ominous pale figure, they all filled the estate collectively to mourn the death of a prominent figure.

Even the girl's friends found their way amidst the crowd, but she couldn't enjoy their company the way she wanted to because they were also there to mourn the death of the man and lend their effort. And that they along with the other people did.

Most of the guests were angry, saddened, and whether or not they were close to Mclean, they exuded such feelings. Their grief was pungent and tangible and Colette tried to escape it but her friends, Hans and his love were not interested in running off with her, they couldn't.

"We're sorry but Queen Adira ordered us to help the staff," said the taller fella with the nice button-down black shirt. He had a tray in hand and wore an apron as he was tasked with the distribution of the beverages.

It had been a short while since they had all seen each other but specifically, it was a hot second since Colette interacted with her best friend and he looked different.

Hans had gained a bit more muscle mass than the last time she saw him and Felix, well Felix was growing his curls out and at this point, it was long enough to be placed in a tiny bun. The thought that they were also changing just as much as she did frightened and intrigued the brunette.

"Maybe you should go to her, ya know, she'll need you," the young man said above the hum of music and chatter in the crowded vicinity.

"I can't," answered the girl, her gaze to the two men dressed in dark attire.

"We had a bit of a weird parting and I haven't seen her since earlier today. I left her alone in her quarters after I tried to confront her for slaughtering all those guards... I locked myself in my room and cried because she gave me the cold shoulder. I later came out to a shit load of people here and all I've heard since is that she locked herself in the chamber again. I know it doesn't sound like me but I'm afraid to invade her space, "

"Hmm," hummed Felix. "I can see why you're concerned and don't want to, she could be terrifying when she wants to. Maybe you could ask her mom to come by, rile her up a bit. She could also do the thing with the door again so that you could see her,"

Hans leaned in to speak only the two people beside him would hear. "That's a cool party trick, by the way, blowing doors out of their hinges,"

"Isabella would never show up to help me get through to Adira but she might come for the drama." 

"That was cool though, wish I could've seen it," Felix chimed, completely disregarding what Colette said. "Hey, you think she'd show up tonight? I heard everyone say she's a milf and if so I must learn her ways, I too aspire to be a milf one day,"

Hans swatted his boyfriend across the chest and then gave him a stern glare.

"We do not stan abusive and neglectful parents,"

"Okay, but can we at least admire from afar? I heard she's a beautiful woman and I need to learn her ways-"

Colette looked away as the two people went on and on during their back and forth and in that instant her gaze locked with a familiar pair of brown eyes across the room. She wasn't surprised to see them but was pleasantly taken aback that the individual was even in sight and staring unabashedly at her.

"Nevermind, I'll figure something out," the girl whispered.

The two men didn't even notice when their friend left their side, they were too busy talking about Isabella and her atrocity. But then it clicked and they eventually watched the brunette slip quietly away until she neared the man they heard so much about.