Chapter Forty- Three

"Are you sure you do not want to reconsider, Colette? This is the safest place for you right now and for always,"

"So at my mom's isn't safe?" The girl paused arching a brow and in that waking instant, she noted Adira as she was taken aback by her question.

"That means my family could potentially be in danger, is that right your majesty?" She questioned and her sarcasm intrigued the woman.

There was a bit of continued silence as Colette stood at the front door with a little bag pack slung against her shoulder. Lottie who was on a leash at the girl's side seemed eager to go on a walk or ride. Her little tail wagged to glory at the idea of them going on an adventure when truly she was going to her owner's first home and thrown back into the normalcy of mediocrity.

"No, that is not what it means, Mon amour," the woman fumbled for her words. "Here, there would be more than enough revenants to look after you if anything were to happen. I can also guarantee the same thing there at your mother's but it would settle my mind greatly knowing you were with me,"

"I'm not some child, Adira. I'm capable of taking care of myself, don't you forget. Plus, you shouldn't have anything to worry about anything if you know that I'm going to be safe,"

"Sweetheart, I know that, it's just.."

"No. You wanted to lie to me, you chose to upset me over the revenants and I understand. Now, you get to perpetuate that. Kill as many people as you wish, harm as many vampires until you're heart is content and when you're done I'll come back."

"I don't want you to leave." The woman said sternly and Colette studied her. "I've never ordered you to do much but this is the one time I will."

Adira took a deep inhalation of air.

"Colette.."

"Am I your prisoner?" Interrupted the brunette.

"No, why would you ask that?"

"Good, because I could remember you saying to me when we first became acquainted that I was a free woman." Slipping out the door, Lottie still at her side, her bag hung on that one shoulder, Colette spoke again.

"I'll call you when I'm there." She hesitated for several seconds. "Be safe, Adira and who knows I might be back soon,"

The queen watched her girl as she stepped into the car that was going to take her home. The brunette didn't look back once but when she sat inside the ride, she eventually gave Adira a glance and the expression on her visage was that of discontent.

The woman's chest stung at the mere thought of her love being upset and obstinate at such a time but she couldn't stop her. It didn't stop her from feeling like she was saying goodbye when that shouldn't be the case.

"It sucks right? They grow up so fast," A familiar, coarse voice said besides the woman and with annoyance the queen glanced down at the man who stood at the door with her. His hand on the frame, her face morphed with a frown at the unexpected presence.

"Hello, Samuel," she greeted begrudgingly.

In return, the man gave a toothy grin before attempting an awful bow before his queen, "Your grave, I mean grace," he fumbled and it was obvious that he was inebriated and it wasn't even noon yet.

"What seems to be the issue with you and the girl?" Samuel attempted to ask once he'd gotten the formalities out of the way but the raven head ignored him.

"I see you were able to escape my mother's clutches, but a little too late. Your help would've been greatly appreciated yesterday, more so last night."