Chapter Sixty- Six

It had been days, almost two weeks since the start of the war and Isabella having done her part, some things begrudgingly of course, secluded herself again. Her mansion in Italy was her haven and she along with all the people who worked beneath her locked themselves away. The warlocks and sorceresses wanted to help those that needed it for the place was overrun by miscreants of the supernatural world but couldn't.

Vampires, orcs, trolls, faeries, succubuses, werewolves, elves, even revenants ran the streets, stealing, forming cliques, etc. Sure, some of the fighting had stopped but the damage was incessant. People were homeless but that was not the devil's concern nor did she want it to be her people's concern either. She couldn't bother to get her hands dirty anymore and had threatened her workers, for if they intervened she promised them a fiery end.

To the woman, it was her daughter, that girl and their side's responsibility to fix things now. She did something pivotal for the entire planet and that was help Adira to see her potential and pick up the duties that were presented to her in exchange for so much: a magnitude of followers, power, endless support and magic so strong she didn't need the blessing of any of the gods to intervene in life itself. Sure, it did come at a price but the woman was certain after a while Adira wouldn't remember what it took. But that was all the help she intended to give, which, once taken into consideration was somewhat vital.

Casting her eyes out into the tumultuous sea far ahead that stretched and stretched until she couldn't see it anymore, Isabella was about to reach for her goblet of wine when a sudden wind blew, flinging her hair around. It was almost as if someone struggled to warp there for the wind came from one portion of the vicinity. She focused on this spot, watching with knitted brows as a frantic Colette tumbled to the ground unexpectedly, scraping her knees on the concrete.

Isabella winced, taken aback but amused at the sight of the little thing who struggled to her feet, somewhat ashamed.

"Do it again, I didn't see," she drawled, a smirk on her brown face.

The woman arched a brow as she studied those pouty lips that stretched towards her. Colette was annoyed but it only made the woman smirk harder.

"It's not funny, I could've seriously hurt myself," she confided gazing around. Her emeralds sauntered down her red knees and she huffed, willing the bruises to heal quickly to which they did after a bit of delay.

"You getting hurt would not have been my business," said Isabella, crossing her legs in her seat

The young girl couldn't help but let her gaze scamper up the woman's body. The older devil was dressed way more casual than she'd ever seen her before. She was clad in dark jeans that hugged her Junoesque figure, showcasing in intricate details, her voluptuous hips. Her blouse was just a dark t-shirt. Her raven hair blew about and in this laid-back apparel, the resemblance between her and Adira was uncanny.

"You getting hurt would've been a direct repercussion for coming to my home uninvited,"

"You're so inhospitable, still,"

"My attitude and personality is a like a rock that was tossed into the bottom of a river, sweetheart, it'll always be, it is fixed, unmovable,"

Isabella looked her up and down and for once the girl wasn't as intimidated as she would've been. She wasn't scared or concerned, she knew deep down there was a caring soul in the woman's soul and that calmed her significantly.

"By the way, who even taught you to do that? It is something mostly multums and divine creatures could do,"

Taking a seat right beside her, Colette intertwined her fingers as her hand sat on the surface of the table. "I am a divine creature, though, or don't you remember?"