Chapter Sixty- One

The commotion drew the two women who stood outside in quietude to flinch, averting their troubled gaze. They were the only two outside in the gloomy weather studying each other with unspoken words when this ferment was realized.

They were dressed for the final viewings and in wonderful black dresses, Colette even wore her hair braided, something she never did. Her mother had convinced her to try a new look, a look she knew Adira would've appreciated and even in death. Petra wore her hair in a ponytail where the end was braided until it touched her hips. Her dress was just as stunning, her make-up was immaculate and when she'd seen Colette for the first time that morning, the girl complimented her on her perfume.

Despite the communication and all their efforts to quell her melancholy, grief and anger, the girl still couldn't stomach the thought of her love being deceased let alone seeing her for the final time so she did what she knew best and that was to seclude herself to compose what little resolve was left. And that's what she did out there with everyone else inside, however, the vampire had never left her side even when she begged her to. But now there was something, and they glared at each other due to the noise emitting from the broken down east wing of the manor. They exchanged looks of bewilderment.

"Do you hear that?" Questioned Petra, intuition telling her something was going to happen or had already happened. Her gaze was to the opening among the crumbled remains and as expected, Colette was just as distraught and intrigued over the sounds of yelling and loud voices.

"I don't know what it is," mumbled the girl.

They rushed into the building, scooting around giant columns and walls in their way. Inevitably, they realized the few people that had come to the service which were Aenon and two other water people, Aksel and the several revenants, and a few other strange faces had bustled towards the chamber, just as curious, just as frightened.

Colette didn't see her family amid this influx of funeral-goers swarming the place but figured they were excluded from the chaos that unfurled. What if there was another attack? What if someone among them did something? It was possible given the state of everything. 

"What's happening?" Whispered the girl as she was pushed out of the way, not because the people around didn't want her getting through but in attempts to protect her if there was danger, which there was.

"Oh, god, that sounds like Beth!" Exclaimed Petra when she heard squeals of anguish again and people shouting. She moved through those blocking the entryway so effortlessly that they did not realize she'd done so. Upon arriving in the room with the lit candles and incense, those that made it into the chamber froze.

Adira stood in the room, beautiful in death or whatever state that was. Hair cascading down her slender back with black and red roses tucked in between raven locs as requested by Colette, her eyes like their usual burning embers were boring into the souls of people she wounded and or repelled. Black horns nearly scrapping the ceiling, long nails stretched from slender fingers greeted those who tried to pry the helpless girl from her grasp. Confusion sat on her face as she studied the people who surrounded her.

The woman had manipulated the two revenants who laid at her resting body, causing them to bleed through their ears, mouths, nose, eyes, while her hand was wrapped tightly around Beth's throat. Those sounds of horror and anguish the people heard before storming the chamber had come from the blonde but they were no more because her throat was incessantly crushed by the strength of the woman who formerly laid on that fancy concrete table.

The blonde's face had turned a bright red this moment, she even looked like she was going to rupture soon from the lack of air. Veins that protruded from her neck and face depicted her discomfort and seeing this, Aksel, Petra, Aenon, along with the revenants reacted while Colette was taken aback.